Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a NH Steering Stabilzer on my 04 Thruxton a few weeks back, and have to say I love it.

My question is has anyone modified one yet to put it on the left-hand side of the bike yet (where it should be)?

It's a little awkward to adjust at speed having to take your hand off of the throttle. I know the brake line, and speedo cable are in the way on the left-hand side, but I think with a little re-routing I can make a bracket to move it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Making a bracket

That's just about what you are going to have to do to get a fit.
I can't use the Hyde damper cuz I have a sidecar strut mount on those two allen heads on the rh side.
Had to go to a Bella Corse damper which fits well on the left side and actually costs a bit less than the NH. also easy to adjust while moving but, I don't think I'd try that, easier to stop the bike, adjust then go.... ps I think the BC damper looks a lot better than the Hyde, the Hyde is black and blends in well, the BC is polished CNC and looks cool!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking...

I actually wanted the NH because it is Black, I like that it blends in with the rest of the bike. Going for the "Blacked Out" look.

You've got to be able to adjust it on the fly when you're running down the road. Stopping to adjust isn't an option.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Man in Black

That's kinda what I was thinking...

I actually wanted the NH because it is Black, I like that it blends in with the rest of the bike. Going for the "Blacked Out" look.

You've got to be able to adjust it on the fly when you're running down the road. Stopping to adjust isn't an option.
Well then, get the BC damper, paint it black, sell the Hyde on ebay or classifieds...problem solved!! It's a new Hyde damper, sell it for the price of the BC damper and you're home free dude.....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well then, get the BC damper, paint it black, sell the Hyde on ebay or classifieds...problem solved!! It's a new Hyde damper, sell it for the price of the BC damper and you're home free dude.....
That's a thought... Although I'd have to find one from somone other than BC issues with their service..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Damper

That's a thought... Although I'd have to find one from somone other than BC issues with their service..
Understand about Mike, you either love him or hate him.
I've been doing business with him for two years and never had even the slightest issue with him or his products.
Now, his dampers are made specifically for him, I don't know where, there are no marks on the damper to indicate who or where it's made.
Consequently, if you do go that route you will end up paying almost twice the price for a name brand damper. Believe me, i've looked everywhere for dampers....
Your decision in the end, just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to make the brackets to swap it over, I'll avoid BC for now.

Do you have any info on your sidecar setup? I was looking for a hack when I got my Thrux.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts