Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally………………I am not a fan of rubber foot pegs with their clunky style and vague, disconnected feel.

So after installing the NHs I decided to personalize with a set of Emgo 50-11211 Honda pegs ($25). With just a bit of filing off of the inside edge, the pegs are a perfect fit.

These pegs will also lower your foot placement by ¾ inch, and for my taste was an added bonus.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bit more refinement...... as I cut off 1/2 inch of the outer portion of the brake peddle as this ensures my boot does not touch the pedal while moving around on the pegs. Also the black, plastic bits to cover the open hole on the end of the pegs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A bit more refinement...... as I cut off 1/2 inch of the outer portion of the brake peddle as this ensures my boot does not touch the pedal while moving around on the pegs. ..
That's very clever--a recurring problem with my big feet. I think I'll look at doing this with the oem sets..Good suggestion..Jack

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hmm... I like that.

Nice work Dale. I may have to get after my Hyde's and follow suit. I've never "fabricated" anything before though...We may be neighbor's soon. The wife and I are looking at palces in Carlsbad as we speak.
Thos rearsets lookk great!

Cheers,

SK

·
Registered
258 Posts
Huh. I guess that's another difference between the Bonnie Hydes and the Scrambler Hydes.

Mine (the Scrambler version) came with decent knurled aluminum flip-up pegs very similar to the ones you now have. I would include a picture, but it is cold and dark outside, so girls and beer are about the only two things that'll get me out of my apartment at the moment.

Of course, mine also took a lot of filing, cutting, shimming, and otherwise fine-tuning to fit correctly in the first place. Not sure who calculated the spacing, but almost everything was off by a millimeter or two. Probably the most effort I've had to put into a "bolt on", but whatever... totally worth the work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally………………I am not a fan of rubber foot pegs with their clunky style and vague, disconnected feel.

So after installing the NHs I decided to personalize with a set of Emgo 50-11211 Honda pegs ($25). With just a bit of filing off of the inside edge, the pegs are a perfect fit.

These pegs will also lower your foot placement by ¾ inch, and for my taste was an added bonus.

Hey Dale, I know this post is dated. I have these NH rearsets and was wondering a few things.

I didn't install them myself, they came installed on the bonneville. Looking at your pictures it appears as though the angle of both the shift and the brake lever are much more extremem than mine. Wondering if there was room to adjust as I'd like for the brake lever especially to be angled a bit more downward to avoid my foot from resting too hard on it.

I think I may also install those pegs as the rubber has completely fallen off my left side. All I need is a bit of filing?

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts