Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've in a predicament and i apologize for over posting:

I thought the Touring Dominators were gonna be perfect for me because they were affordable, good quality, good performance gains and most important not too loud. then i figured out they aren't made to work with a center stand which i really want to put on my thruxton

I could modify the stopper to make the Doms work with a center stand which doesn't seem like it would be too hard, or...

apparently the Norman Hyde Peashooter do work with a center and they are similar kind of pipes to the Dominators. But I'm worried they are possibly louder. and I heard there ain't any stoppers for the side stand or kick stand so that has me a little worried

anyone want to chime in? thanks!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
No stopper for the side-stand is not a big problem. Some have bent the part that one uses to deploy the side-stand; however, I think that is over-kill. I simply cut a 1" square out of thick leather and used silicone bathtub caulk to stick the piece of leather to the frame side of the inside of the "elbow joint" formed by the side stand and the frame. It has worked flawlessly for over 22000 miles.

If you decide to make a center-stand stop bracket, I would suggest you get some thin flat metal to use as a template. Lay beside the bike and cut and bend the thin metal until you have the shape you need for the stop bracket. Be sure to cut holes where you need them and test to see if it will work when mounted. Then use this template to make the stop bracket out of healthier thickness steel or aluminum OR take it to a welding shop and have them make one using your template.:D

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I kinda like hearing that "clack" when I put my kickstand up... starts me salivating for the impending ride. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine has a stop for center and side stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts