Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know the thread size for the end plugs of the M-bars sold by NH? I am trying to fit bar end weights to it. I do know it is metric.

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been thinking about getting norman hyde m bars but I hear they vibrate alot. And I'm thinking about doing a 500 mile ride come spring.

Do the bar end weights get rid of the vibration?
And where are they sold??

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I've been thinking about getting norman hyde m bars but I hear they vibrate alot. And I'm thinking about doing a 500 mile ride come spring.

No, they do not vibrate a lot, only a bit, a tiny bit more than stock. NewBonneville and BellaCorse has 'em.
I would suggest not doing a 500 mile ride this spring. I would suggest doing a 1,000 mile ride this spring. Don't do things half way! You only get one life, unless you are a Hindu, where you get more but may come back as a wildebeest and be unable to ride a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

I use the Hyde M bars with no weights and no problems,although the most I have ridden in a day with them is 400 miles.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Depends if you have 790 or 865 bikes, carbed or efi.
I had 790 carbed, and put m bars on.
Perfect but......they vibrate------so put bar end weights on from jenksbolts dot com - mototwin dot com also do them. Made a massive difference - but still slight vibes at around 75mph
I have the bar end weights on the Thruxton now having sold the bonnie. Again, big but not so big as the bonnie difference.
The Thrux is efi.
So get the bar end weights is my advice

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Depends if you have 790 or 865 bikes, carbed or efi.
I had 790 carbed, and put m bars on.
Perfect but......they vibrate------so put bar end weights on from jenksbolts dot com - mototwin dot com also do them. Made a massive difference - but still slight vibes at around 75mph
I have the bar end weights on the Thruxton now having sold the bonnie. Again, big but not so big as the bonnie difference.
The Thrux is efi.
So get the bar end weights is my advice
Really? Don't see the difference in 790/865, though I've only had two 865's. Thought they are essentially the same motor but of different displacements.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My question is, if you get bar end mirrors for the M bars, is it necessary to also add bar end weights to alleviate vibration?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Could I get away with only having a bar end mirror on the left hand side and a weight with cap in the right? If so would I have to get the threaded or unthreaded bars?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Could I get away with only having a bar end mirror on the left hand side and a weight with cap in the right? If so would I have to get the threaded or unthreaded bars?
I have a single left side bar end and no plugs, just the cap on the right side. Think you only need one left mirror in NY. Put it on and try it out, see if you like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A question on installation of M bar:

HEy guys. I am not a mechanic or an experienced rider. This is my second year of riding and I have an all black bonnie t100. I am thinking of getting M bar.

My question is, with the help of a few tools, can I install it myself? Or do I have to see a mechanic for this?

thanks

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Changing out handlebars is a no-sweat job, nyc11, a few tools a few minutes and you're done. The M-bars really feel great on a Bonneville, I'm sure you'll like them.

I have a barend mirror on the left side, nothing on the right and no noticable vibration at any speed up to 110. But then, maybe I'm not that sensitive to vibration. I'll be doing about 1500 miles next month; aint skeered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
installed non-hollow m bar. on my brand new T100 2010. Loving it so far. Very comfortable and the bike seems to be more in control.

I ordered from british-customs. Never again. The bar came rusted on the right end. The screw wont even go half way through. I sent them 2 emails about this...no response. It also looked like it was returned by a customer as it had signs of use in the center of the rod.

I had heard good things about british-customs. I guess, I learned the hard way. How is newbonneville.com? I need to buy many more accessories and I don't want to be surprised again in the delivery. Any other store you recommend?

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts