Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i am looking for info on the norman hyde low uk handlebars. if anybody has a pair i am looking for feedback on them. also, could you provide the dimensions for the bars. i had the stock bars and hated them. then i tried the m bars and they are great for me, but not for 2 up. thinking the low uk's might fall somewhere in between and fit the bille. thanks, keith

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
hyde low uk bar

Keith,

They are nothing like either bar, they are a copy of the old Meriden Bonnie bar. I put them on my bike as soon as I got it, yesterday, then rode it straight to the North West 200 today. It is lower than standard, slightly wider, but has a lot of pullback so you're not leaning way forwards. I find them very comfy:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. would you mind taking a few more pics for me? specifically, from the front and from the riding position? what specifically are the dimensions? thanks, keith

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
bar pics

Keith,

First, here's a picture of a Meriden Jubilee Bonnie, from 1977:

here's mine from a similar angle:

I measured the distance end to end from the centre of the bars looking from above as 28 1/2", about 1/4" or so wider than the standard bar. Here's a rough comparison, the perspective is a bit deceiving:

ps. isn't the Jubilee nice?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow! great pic of the jubilee! that was an added bonus. thanks for the new pics. it seems that the uk bars have about the same pullback and maybe a tad longer. what about the rise? they look like maybe about 2 inches or so? could you do me one more favor and take a pic of the bars from the front looking at the headlight? thanks so much for your help, keith

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
alas, naw.

Keith,

I'm at work now for two weeks. Bike is in Aberdeen, I'm in the north sea.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I tried some of these and couldn't get comfy with them. I found they put my wrists at the wrong angle for me. NH were happy to refund minus the P&P, which is fair enough, so it would be worth ordering them and see how it goes. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts