Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous day today...... until about 4:30 then all of a sudden a cold wind kicked up and it got cold quick!! Hit 80 at 3:00 and now it's 40. There's a freeze warning out for tonight. Mebbe a bit of the white stuff by Friday. ACK!!

Brrrr.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
That's crazy! But I've heard from friends in Denver that the snow in the valleys doesn't last and you can ride almost all year if you plan.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I just saw some snow laying by the west side of the wastewater plant here at 9500 feet, so I guess it snowed last night.
9500'? Heck, I saw some snow laying on Tioga Pass around that elevation last month. 'course it was left-over from last year as it was more on the north side of the mountain.

Don't hold your breath for great weather though - it's been way above average here in NorCal the last few days but it's about to drop to below average for this weekend. So I figure you guys in the Rockies will get that a couple days after we do.

At least I haven't heard anybody talking snow yet in the Sierras.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After talking to Brother Dear in SoCal where it's been hotter than a PopcornFart I'm resolved to gear up at 1st opportunity and take the Bonnie out...... Next week.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Hot dry breezes and nearly 30 degree Celsius down here. Ha ha! What's snow?

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
That's crazy! But I've heard from friends in Denver that the snow in the valleys doesn't last and you can ride almost all year if you plan.

Sent from my iPhone;)

A little dusting of snow to wake up to this AM, but what you heard is correct. Snow in the Denver area typically doesn't last long and typically melts off the streets within a day or so. The exception being blizzards, which of course will last a little longer. But we tend to get some riding in every month of the year and have been lucky enough to get our New Years ride in on most years. I will keep the bike on a tender during the winter months, but I never "winterize" it. It doesn't sit that long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts