Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use, or have a good suggestion for, a tail bag that fits well on a Renntec rack other than the actual Renntec bag?

I understand the Renntec rack is about 14" wide at the front of the rack, narrowing to around 11" wide at the rear, and about 7 1/2 inches deep.
So a bag around 12" x 8" would be perfecto.

The Renntec bag is fairly spendy, and folks on the nearby rack thread say it attaches with velcro straps (me no likey).

Other possibilities?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fox Creek bag

Until I put a set of Classic saddle bags on my T100, I used a Fox Creek leather top bag. Around $70, padded, plastic liner, shoulder strap, nice leather. You'll have to get creative with attaching it because I think it was really designed for use with a sissy bar, but it looked good and I loved it. I'll put it back on if I need the extra space.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
This a softside Igloo cooler [on sale $12]. If you can bungee it down on the rack, pretty much anything goes! :D

And on the bike - behind the other stuff:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I posted on the Renntec rack thread that the Renntec bags (too many Renntec's:D - who invented that rididculous tongue twister?) fit perfectly well and DO HAVE A quick release that fits nicely over the raised bar. These bags go on and off in seconds, ok I admit, 12 seconds. They are good even if the fit is a bit wonky. Perhaps the new ones are sorted, and they are not pricey. As said before, just ring em up!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This a softside Igloo cooler [on sale $12]. If you can bungee it down on the rack, pretty much anything goes! :D
Thank you, David. Yes, I foresee the need for an attached cooler.:D

Sofia - I appreciate your replies. As I live on the left side of the H2O, I'm hoping that that ringing up Renntec won't be necessary.

David06 - that Fox Creek stuff does look choice!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I decided after much thought to go for the Renntec one, not as nice looking as I would of wanted but I'm in an hurry.

Ordered today will be with me on Friday, I'll let you know what I think.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Rennetec Bag

Read some "not so good " stuff about the Rennetec bag. Every time I go to a bike dealer- I check out the bags. There are tons out there! Kirk has a good selection as well. One good thing about the Rennetec rack is its so "versatile"!! Couldnt live w/o mine!! If not in a hurry- look around! There is tons of ones that fit nice & look good!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts