Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, noob here. I'm thinking I'll send my stock Bonnie forks to RaceTech or Traxxion Dynamics for custom internals, but I want to run dual front disc brakes; I'd like to keep stock forks, triple trees, headlight, gauges, etc, but I don't want to do the F3 mod because I'd also like to keep traditional-looking wire spoke wheels. Since our forks are 41mm I'm wondering if there's any reason I just can't get some chopper/bobber aftermarket lower fork sliders for 41mm fork tubes that run dual discs?

·
Registered
325 Posts
How much better braking do you want? Guys racing these in the thruxton series use stock calipers with different pads. Improved calipers are available as well. If your goal is cosmetic, that of course is a different issue, but i bet that you could achieve great braking with a single disc setup. It would be a lot easier and cheaper as well. Just my $.02...

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
IMHO, the reason to switch to F3 tubes is to get the cartridge fork internals...running the stock bonnie lowers on these w/ upgraded brake components seems a wiser choice for overall performance.

But, if dual disk brakes is what you gotta have, then I'd be more inclined to find a complete TBS front end/wheel and swap. You get 43mm cartridge forks and dual disk spoked wheel...

Good luck with your search.

--Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts