Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching the 2021 Bonneville release the other day, I felt Triumph made a smart decision to upgrade the Speedmaster's stock seats to "comfort" seats. I switched out both seats out on my 2018 Speedmaster shortly after I bought it, and I've been happy ever since. I still have those OEM seats cluttering up by garage, so I figured I'd offer to send them free to whomever might be able to use them. I'm not sure why you'd want these non-comfort versions, but I hate to just toss them! PM me if you're interested.
Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
While watching the 2021 Bonneville release the other day, I felt Triumph made a smart decision to upgrade the Speedmaster's stock seats to "comfort" seats. I switched out both seats out on my 2018 Speedmaster shortly after I bought it, and I've been happy ever since. I still have those OEM seats cluttering up by garage, so I figured I'd offer to send them free to whomever might be able to use them. I'm not sure why you'd want these non-comfort versions, but I hate to just toss them! PM me if you're interested.
Steve
Do you know if the seat height is any different with the comfort seat? My 2019 Speedy seat height is 28.3". I'm thinking of changing to mid controls but I'm concerned about being cramped in a upright seating position. I had a 2018 T120 which has a seat height of 31" and always felt I needed highway pegs to be able to stretch out my legs. But with mid controls you can stand up to stretch if you want. If the comfort seat is a bit taller it maybe the way to go.

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the height difference between the comfort and non-comfort (i.e., painful) versions is negligible. The main difference is the width, and the addition of a "lumbar" support. For the pillion, Triumph claims the height difference is 1/2". I think it's even less than that for the rider's seat.

·
Registered
2019 T100 Black
363 Posts
Steve
Do you like the Comfort Seat?

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you like the Comfort Seat?
Absolutely! I understand that a number of riders on this forum don't like the comfort seat, but I'm totally sold on it. I switched mine out fairly early from the stock seat, and I've never regretted it. I can easily do long rides (up to 8-10 hours) without discomfort. And I like how the sea looks -- totally the right look for the bike.
Again I understand that there are other options out there, and a number of riders prefer them. It all depends on your particular arse. For me, the comfort seat is a winner.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Absolutely! I understand that a number of riders on this forum don't like the comfort seat, but I'm totally sold on it. I switched mine out fairly early from the stock seat, and I've never regretted it. I can easily do long rides (up to 8-10 hours) without discomfort. And I like how the sea looks -- totally the right look for the bike.
Again I understand that there are other options out there, and a number of riders prefer them. It all depends on your particular arse. For me, the comfort seat is a winner.
Mr recently acquired Speedmaster has a comfort seat, and I found that the little branded cushion was a tailbone torturer. Removing half the foam from the fist-sized thing turned the seat into one that now caresses my arse when I ride instead of punching me in the pelvis over every bump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts