Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
since my last confession i have discovered more horrors in my 71 t120rv.
I have rebuilt the fork seals and had to find a new wheel as half the threaded section for the locking nut was broken away (some joker trying to force a rh thread into a LH thread hole).

Here's the thing (and it was the case with both old and new wheels)....
When assembled (this time by a local triumph legend) I took it home and put it on the forks. There was a gap of 3-4 mm between the backing plate and the flat spot on the forks where it is supposed to meet. BEfore I removed the old wheel the backing plate was at a terrible angle. I know now it is because of this gap exixting before someone has done up the locating bolt tightly.

Is there a way of adjusting the spindle a few MM to the LEFT? (I need the wheel to move right along the axle).
I didn't assemble it so it is not something I can work out from the parts book and the manual.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

derek

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks GPZ,
that is what I am doing today (well, I can take the wheel only) but with the goal of having the axle ending up 3mmto the left.
what a nightmare.
I am praying that the bodges i am finding on this bike are all frame related and don't follow me into the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts