Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might not even happen but after being laid of from my engineering job i may have a couple options for engineering jobs in CA ( there's next to nothing for mech. engineers in the north east). I'm just trying to see if i would able to bring my non-CA emissions bike with me to California.

·
Registered
386 Posts
yes

Proof of prior residence and registration in previous state and with certificate of conformity issued pursuant to the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 7401 et seq.) should allow you to register your vehicle in CA, if I'm reading the CA DMV book correctly.

·
30,525 Posts
You should be OK - sbpark relocated his thruxton to Ca - you could always contact him to see what it involved, though I think the previous post covers it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My mother-in-law relocated from IA to a CA emissions state and the read we got was that if you're moving to the state it's never a problem; otherwise, it has to have at least 7500 miles on it. She had just bought her car (it had 4000 miles on it) and we were trying to come up with non-boring ways to get 3500 miles on a Elantra in a week, when we realized that since she was moving into the state, the mileage limit didn't count.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Might not even happen but after being laid of from my engineering job i may have a couple options for engineering jobs in CA ( there's next to nothing for mech. engineers in the north east). I'm just trying to see if i would able to bring my non-CA emissions bike with me to California.
Someone is reading my mind because I was just thinking of posting this same question. I'm moving to CA next year. Good to hear it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
866 Posts
People are moving TO California? I thought the traffic was all outbound... Seems like they were all selling off their houses and moving to AZ, UT & NV. If the cost of living and State Govt weren't so horrendous, I wouldn't mind moving back there for the year round riding season.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My mother-in-law relocated from IA to a CA emissions state and the read we got was that if you're moving to the state it's never a problem; otherwise, it has to have at least 7500 miles on it. ...
That is the straght dope, as long as the bike/car meets the state from which it is coming from current smog laws (if any).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts