Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing a lot of the worn stock parts on the bike and plug wires are next. I already have the Nology coils , so is there any advantage in going with the Nology wires or are they just over priced wires ?

Cheers
Tripletide

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was looking at those too. I don't think that they are any more expensive than any other wires. Choices are limited. You need a boot that fits and seals, Nology claims that these do.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah , I talked to Nology on the phone and of course they said it would make vast improvements . He also said there was a rigid boot for the plug , just not as long as the stock boot. I will probably order some in the near future.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well , I gave in to my inner Rat and ordered some of these from Newlevel and they arrived in three days . First observation is that they are very thick and all are the same length. The plug end does have a rigid plug and is plenty long enough except that the seal is not as thick as stock. The coil end boot is not as snug as stock and the terminal itself is very tight. I wasn't sure if it was connected so I pulled back on it and boom, the terminal came off of the wire . So I spent the next 30 minutes reattaching .
Riding impressions are pretty good, it has a little more giddyup in the 5-7 k range. Overall , I think its a good little addition.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Describe the plug end a bit more. Do the Nology wires provide a water tight seal?
I wouldnt call it a water tight seal. Its more like a water flap. Its not as heavy duty as stock. I'll get a pic up next time I have the tank off.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
When and if you have the plugs out next be careful to extract any debris that may be in the bottom of the plug well if you have a gap on the seal at the top..stick a Hoover tube down it or something as you might end dropping it into the cylinder otherwise :)

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When and if you have the plugs out next be careful to extract any debris that may be in the bottom of the plug well if you have a gap on the seal at the top..stick a Hoover tube down it or something as you might end dropping it into the cylinder otherwise :)

Cheers
Mot
Thanks Mot, willl do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.