Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased the Nology profire coils. I am currently running the upgraded NGK plugs and wires. Should I invest in the nology hot wires? Also after I install the new coil is there going to be any mixture modifications I need to perform?

All input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I got the coils & wires. The only thing I noticed was the red wires matched my gas tank. I also run irdium plugs. I don't thing any of these are needed. The stock items were just as good. Ran as good. But hey, I had some money I hadn't spent yet. Maybe they will last longer. Maybe not. If you had high compression & other high performance mods done they may come in handy. I say do it. Your going to spend the money somewhere. After 41,000 miles I haven't had any trouble with them. Built good I guess. I was only worried that the coils pulled more current & might take the computer out but everything is okay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running with the 904 big bore kit and an upgraded cam. Maybe I can do a few test rides with and without the profire to investigate any noticeable changes.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
dont waste money on the wires what you have is better .If your old stock coil was still good it wont run any better with the new coil.No need to change your tune ether.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont waste money on the wires what you have is better .If your old stock coil was still good it wont run any better with the new coil.No need to change your tune ether.
Sounds like I just saved $75! I appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts