Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be completely normal, but when I'm walking the bonnie (engine off) in an enclosed space, like a garage, I hear a subtle sound, like it's the wheels making a noise while turning. Almost sounds like a very soft, metal on metal sound. Doesn't sound bad, I would just expect it to be completely silent.

Any thoughts? Should I have it looked at, or is this normal?
Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine does it, so did my ZX-11. I think it is very slight break drag. On the center stand adjusting the chain & turning the wheel by hand I've heard it. Dealer of both the ZX-11 & T-100 say it is "normal"...

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Chances are the noise is your disk brakes rubbing on the rotor. If that's it, then its normal and you don't have to worry.

Disk brakes are always in contact with the rotor's, hence the noise, like something is dragging.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had over 15,000 miles on my ZX-11, & put 6,400 miles on 8 months of ownership of the T-100, & haven't had a brake rotor problem with either, so I dunno... I've never really worried about it. :???:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excellent. I was just being paranoid. I wonder how many thousands of dollars this forum has saved people who were worrying needlessly!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
On 2007-02-28 10:37, billybob235 wrote:
excellent. I was just being paranoid. I wonder how many thousands of dollars this forum has saved people who were worrying needlessly!
Not nearly as many as it has caused people who formerly thought their bikes were just fine to spend...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Phew, All along I thought the squeek was a mouse in my basement :hammer: :-D

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
My rear disk rubs lightly on the brake pad(s) when I turn the rear wheel manually. I don't worry about it, just check the pad and the rotor for wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts