Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2019 street twin. I recently removed the tank to sand off the old paint and once I reinstalled it I am getting a noise when I turn the ignition to on (not the engine). The whiny noise doesn't stop until I turn the ignition to off.
See video, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2017 Street Cup and have the EXACT same noise when I turn the ignition on and let it just sit without turning the engine on.

I figured it's just the fuel pump maybe? I hope it's nothing bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's the fuel pump. You can hear the fuel pump kick in but there is a secondary hissing noise that continues. I looked a little further into it and in this other video I can hear the noise coming from the throttle body (I didn't know the name of that piece before I recorded the video). I took the throttle body out after I recorded the video and cleaned it but the noise still continues. The bike rides fine so I'm not too worried about it but what does bother me is that the noise was not there before.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
That's normal, mine's exactly the same, you'll hear the noise change as you twist throttle and the throttle bodies open.
even with the throttle in the rest position it will still be actively trying to maintain its position so that's the noise you're hearing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's normal, mine's exactly the same, you'll hear the noise change as you twist throttle and the throttle bodies open.
even with the throttle in the rest position it will still be actively trying to maintain its position so that's the noise you're hearing.
Nah, I've had this bike for close to a year and it didn't start making that noise up till 2 weeks ago, so it's not normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts