Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2009 speedy that i just purchased in November. I had some questions for them and the sales person sent me an email stating if I had any I could email him back and he would answer. So I emailed back asking about a mod I was interested in as well as some winterizing questions.
No response.

So 4 days later I forward the email back to him and say "oops must not have gotten this"

No Response.

a week later forwarded it back to him as well as the main office email.

No Response.

Now I am pretty irritated. I had already filled out the triumph survey. I want to call them but they are only open until 4:30 and I work until 5... I am on the phones for work, customer support so I can't make calls.
what would y'all do?

L

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great communication there, huh.. :) I wouldn't be too thrilled either. But.. post your questions on here.. I'm sure there are many people here who know as much as your dealer.. :)

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I'd be torqued. If the offer wasn't sincere, why make it in the first place?

As to the expertise on this site, I'd bet the cumulative knowledge of this place exceeds that of any given dealership.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Some dealers can be real Numpties,:(

its already been said, but post on here, these guys really do know whats what :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you guys rock :)
The problem is, the bike has 20 miles on it and the Fuel injection is screwed. If you blip the throttle it stalls no matter how long you have been riding on it.
warm, cold, whatever... so I really needed them to make it right. Now I have to wait until spring (we have snow snow snow) to stand in line to get a bike fixed that should never have been broken in the first place. I am half tempted to insist they come get it on a truck and fix it and bring it back to me.

:(
Maybe i need to escalate this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are being ignored by your dealer you certainly should escalate matters.Find a way of ringing them first to give them the benefit of the doubt.:eek: I don't know how things work in the States, but over here they'd be obliged to pick the bike up & fix it. Have you considered contacting Triumph direct?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are being ignored by your dealer you certainly should escalate matters.Find a way of ringing them first to give them the benefit of the doubt.:eek: I don't know how things work in the States, but over here they'd be obliged to pick the bike up & fix it. Have you considered contacting Triumph direct?
Husband called them yesterday and spoke with them. They said they would have someone call us back today. Still no word. I am really sad about the whole dream bike being broken thing :( but sadder that they are not responding to help me fix it.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I read last night on a different site that the single biggest complaint of bike ownership is lack of dealer service. Not the expense of the service, mind you which should be a factor, but getting the bike fixed right the first time.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be breaking the door down, calling the Better Business Bureau and corporate/regional headquarters. I'd be a visible/vocal thorn in the side until my bike's issues were resolved to my satisfaction. You and your bike deserve better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could we ask who the dealer is?
They called today and left a message, when we went to call them back, the gentleman who phoned had left until tomorrow. We hope to talk to them tomorrow. I hope they make it right so I would rather not trash them. I really did have a great purchase experience... right up until i tried to ride the bike lol... i know its silly to be protective of them even though I feel like I am getting shafted right now. I would hate to trash the dealer because the salesman re-negged on his offer of help at all costs... I have no trouble telling the service manager or owner how disappointed I am in the salesman at this point. For right now... I dont want to cause bad blood. I am just trying to vent to you all because you understand!

Mostly I am really sad that out of all the Speedy's shipped to the states, I got one that is broken ;(

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Don't give up hope on your speedy. It'll come around and you'll love it all the more. It isn't human thus the broken variables are fewer and much easier to fix.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't give up hope on your speedy. It'll come around and you'll love it all the more. It isn't human thus the broken variables are fewer and much easier to fix.
Oh i couldnt give up on it. I adore it.... already dreaming of riding it and the winter hasnt even officially begun (although the ice storm and the 8 inches of snow we have gotten in the last 8 days begs to differ). I am close to giving up on the people though lol

People suck sometimes huh?:eek:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
They called today and left a message, when we went to call them back, the gentleman who phoned had left until tomorrow. We hope to talk to them tomorrow. I hope they make it right so I would rather not trash them. I really did have a great purchase experience... right up until i tried to ride the bike lol... i know its silly to be protective of them even though I feel like I am getting shafted right now. I would hate to trash the dealer because the salesman re-negged on his offer of help at all costs... I have no trouble telling the service manager or owner how disappointed I am in the salesman at this point. For right now... I dont want to cause bad blood. I am just trying to vent to you all because you understand!

Mostly I am really sad that out of all the Speedy's shipped to the states, I got one that is broken ;(

Fair enough.
I'd go right past the salesman to the general manager or owner.
Salesmen are expendable and fleeting employees, so those in charge might appreciate the feedback on the employee.

I might add that it's been a couple of years (and all things are subject to change) but Great Bay Triumph went the extra mile to straighten out a leftover Triumph that I bought elsewhere. I ended up with a new set of carbs, and on another occasion a new gas tank; all with full support from the dealer and Triumph.
I drove over 3 hours each way each time based on their reputation at the time and never regretted it.
If they are not your dealer and you don't get satisfaction, you might consider calling them.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Not the good ones!
I have yet to meet a vehicle salesman that I would really want as a friend, contrary to the line that they try to feed us to the contrary.
In the case of this thread, the salesman is a creep. No one is too busy to take 5 minutes to return a phone call, especially a vehicle saleman in this environment.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yes, but you made the generalization that:
Salesmen are expendable and fleeting employees........

Not just that particular salesman.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would talk to the service manager. That is where the solution to your problem lies. At this point the salesman or any manager/owner are not the ones going to fix the problem( unless this is an incredibly small shop. Only if the service manager can not help would I move up the food chain. The salesman should have connected you with him immediately and that is was his second mistake after not calling you back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would talk to the service manager. That is where the solution to your problem lies. At this point the salesman or any manager/owner are not the ones going to fix the problem( unless this is an incredibly small shop. Only if the service manager can not help would I move up the food chain. The salesman should have connected you with him immediately and that is was his second mistake after not calling you back.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You will be happy to know, the service manager called us yesterday. he is coming to my house next week to pick up the motorcycle (truck) and make it right.

*grin*

1 - 20 of 25 Posts