Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
they won`t be at any bike shows in north america this year,apparently they`re spending the advertising dollars in new markets????

·
Registered
117 Posts
Disappointing...and short sighted. At least it is North America wide rather than just Canada. But I enjoy the opportunity to check out the bikes without a salesperson hanging over me. And a few years back Triumph even came to the show with their accessories trailer which was a great chance to pick up branded riding gear and the like. Since then, it seems to be slowly down hill. Triumph trumpets its growing presence and sophistication and then it turns around and does this!?!? So much for supporting loyalty if not growing markets.

Paul

·
Registered
528 Posts
After chatting with our dealer ,he said the cost of cost of doing one show is around 150k+ multiply that by all the major Cities its a huge cost,apparently Triumph`s thinking is that they would rather take that money and give us the buyer a better deal ,like the free hard bags on an new st,or windshield,bags and pipes on the r3.this might not be on the mark. I`ve seen alot of these kind of promotions lately.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well I think they are stretching their good nature a bit! Their accessory prices are ridiculously expensive...$140 for colour matched fairing scoops on my 955I, $450 for carbon fibre side panels and another $450 for the fairing infill panels. The problem is that none of the money they want to pass on to their owners will come our way without buying a new bike...and I'd like to see them all and sit on them at a show before making the decision to walk into the dealer.

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't believe it!!!! And what are they thinking!!!! :hammer:

I personally only own a '06 Speedmaster because of being able to sit on one at the last bike show in Edmonton. If I would not have sat on it... I would not have bought Triumph.

They are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with everyone. I bought my America at the Calgary bike show.
The exposure has to be worth 150k, besides it's a tax write off.
My family spoiled me with a full sized windscreen. I was happy of course but disgusted with the cost.

I built my own sissy bar and bag holders out of stainless tubing, no way was I going to pay big bucks for Triumph OEM.
I also was lucky enough to hear some Off road pipes,I was ill.
I reworked my baffles in my stock pipes till I got the sound I was after. No rocket science just look before you leap.

I think Triumph will suffer if they stay clear of the North American bike show.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess this means no Vancouver show either...too bad, I was looking forward to spending an afternoon ogling my next bike. I bought my last 2 bikes at the show. I'm already pissed about the Canadian market being lumped in with the US. BMW here we come!

·
Registered
130 Posts
A bunch of us Triumph riders went to the show in Toronto on the weekend! It's true, there were no Triumph's! :evil: There were Hyusong and Benelli's there! Both are real "high volume" sellers! Funny how they could afford to be there and Triumph couldn't. It was mentioned that it cost $150,000.00 for them to got to the show. My friend was there for his shop and his HUGE spot cost him $3,800.00 for the whole weekend! :???: He sold a ton of stuff and was glad he went! Most of us had our Triumph T-shirts on and all of us got stopped a number of times by people looking for the Triumph booth. Many wondered if this meant Triumph was still on the market or not. Like some of you have already said, we've all bought bikes from the show before! Whoever is responsbile for this policy change should be given a baffed out Kawsukonda for a long term rider with no chance of change until Triumphs are back at the shows!! :hammer: Come on Triumph, customer loyalty only goes so far!! :wink:

[ This message was edited by: Kirk on 2006-12-11 13:34 ]

·
Registered
669 Posts
On 2006-12-11 13:33, Kirk wrote:
A bunch of us Triumph riders went to the show in Toronto on the weekend! It's true, there were no Triumph's! :evil: There were Hyusong and Benelli's there! Both are real "high volume" sellers! Funny how they could afford to be there and Triumph couldn't. It was mentioned that it cost $150,000.00 for them to got to the show. My friend was there for his shop and his HUGE spot cost him $3,800.00 for the whole weekend! :???: He sold a ton of stuff and was glad he went! Most of us had our Triumph T-shirts on and all of us got stopped a number of times by people looking for the Triumph booth. Many wondered if this meant Triumph was still on the market or not. Like some of you have already said, we've all bought bikes from the show before! Whoever is responsbile for this policy change should be given a baffed out Kawsukonda for a long term rider with no chance of change until Triumphs are back at the shows!! :hammer: Come on Triumph, customer loyalty only goes so far!! :wink:
Ha! I wore a jacket with Triumph logos and people were stopping me to ask where the Triumph booth was. I told a couple of them that I simply couldn't afford to operate a booth at any North American shows this year.

I'm sure a one or two of them believed me........hahahaha.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Come to Calgary the first weekend in January 07, Triumph is going to be there. So come on out to western Canada and enjoy the show. I will be going on Sunday. I will be the one with long hair.. LOL.. if it is anything like last year you could have a picture of me and never find me in the crowd.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On 2006-12-12 18:30, Normandy wrote:
I wonder why a Toronto T dealer never jumped on the sales opportunity that presented itself ?
Ditto that. I can understand if Triumph don't want to spend a fortune on a presence at all North American shows, but at least a small stand at the premier show in the largest Canadian city would surely have been cost effective? If Triumph don't want to give direct support then a Triumph dealer should have been there. I still find it incredible that Hyosung, Benelli, Ural etc were all represented, not to mention all the custom bikes that were there. I was looking forward to seeing the new Triumphs but ended up spending a lot of time on the Ducati stand where I was offered a very tempting deal on a leftover Multistrada by a Ducati dealer who was manning the stand. As a result of this I may well end up buying a Ducati rather than a Triumph. I can't get enthusiastic about buying a bike from a manufacturer who cares so little for their potential market. :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
The absence of Triumph at the Toronto show took some of the joy out of attending for me. What were the highlights:

- Ducati 1098
- KTM 990 Adventure
- Charley Boorman - Long Way Round/Race to Dakar - got the DVD and his autograph - maybe a BMW Adventure is the way to go for the next bike in the stable?
- BMW K1200S - still the best of the K bikes in my mind
- Yamaha Road Star Warrior - always been a fan though I am a sport bike guy - Yamaha was my first bike - and the cannon on the Warrior is awesome - just wonder about the ergos though
- checked out the Arai Profile UK Flag - looks like a nice addition beside my Arai Signet Cathcart replica, though I was told by the rep that a new Cathcart replica is now out
- added a Joe Rocket UFO mesh jacket to the wardrobe for when the leathers are too hot

Triumph Canada (does it really exist) is really missing the boat. But maybe the problem is they no longer have a dealer in Toronto!

Paul

·
Registered
269 Posts
By all accounts, it's a pretty amazing "stand" (pun intended) Triumph North America (not Triumph Canada because of some bean counter in the UK) is taking not to show off their product and to not show the same loyalty to Triumph owners as we tend to show them!

I probably wouldn't change my current bike because of it, but if Triumph continue to ignore the show circuit it will broaden my future purchase options significantly.

Perhaps Triumph are having problems keeping up with demand, so if they take themselves out of the lime-light for awhile, they can catch-up on back orders? Or, perhaps they are just relying on the positive reviews of their current line-up to draw customers into Triumph dealerships?

I don't pretend to know, but I am disappointed Triumph won't be in Vancouver in Jan.

I suppose I should have some humble pie! For as long as I've owned my Sprint, there has never been a Triumph "Canada" site, we've always been directed to the US site. Well, today I discovered there is indeed a site for us Canucks, and the prices are in Cdn funds! Thank you Triumph for realizing we deserve our own link! :)

[ This message was edited by: hootieST on 2006-12-24 19:16 ]

·
Registered
130 Posts
On 2007-02-11 20:06, Paul955I wrote:
Well...we were riding in January...what were you doing?
Not riding too much now I guess :-D Seems like the globe has cooled a bit in the past few weeks...

Newmarket . . .
Today..Becoming cloudy this morning. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this afternoon. High minus 14.
Tonight..Cloudy. Snow beginning early this evening. Amount 5 cm.
Local blowing snow. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus
15. Wind chill minus 26.
Wednesday..Snow and local blowing snow ending in the afternoon then clearing. Amount 5 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 26.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Geeze, been 3 days and nobody from TO has replied. Are you guys all froze up? :cool: +10 here on the West Coast, cherry trees in blossom and spring is in the air. How many more months of winter in Ontario?

[ This message was edited by: TBirdVI on 2007-02-15 21:52 ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
they weren't in Quebec either, Probably wont be in Montreal on feb 24th. Anyway, all the past years, when I passed around the triumph booth. an inside voice always told me " ok if you want to be shame, it is the time. I can call my friends for any other emotions"

I big BMW dealer here in Laval was opening also a Triumph dealership last week and a frien of mine who was there as an acessories and helmets supplyer told me that no ones from triumph was there.

sad, sad, sad

sorry for my english....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts