Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
The BBC article says they were Aussies. I think the driver was eating his vegemite instead of paying attention. :)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Nice!!! :)
I must confess to riding my Scram into some "wet" spots which proved to be "wetter" than I first thought!!! :)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
And in France, there would be nothing. One of the great things about France is the almost complete absence of any nannying signage to tell you what you already know and can see with your eyes. {snip} In Vannes - nothing. You walk on these and slip, you get wet. You may even drown. Your decision, your consequences.

Very refreshing.
This kind of thing, along with living and working in Europe for a couple of years, is why I think the French are vastly misperceived by lots of people in the US and elsewhere. They aren't perfect - no nation is - but they are much nicer people, with far more good qualities, than I used to give them credit for when I was even more ignorant than I was today.

If you want the unvarnished truth, and are man enough to take it, ask a Frenchman. In my experience, they'll call a spade a spade*, and I respect that.

Okay, nitpickers, technically they'd prefer to call it a bêche, but you get the point.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
And in France, there would be nothing. One of the great things about France is the almost complete absence of any nannying signage to tell you what you already know and can see with your eyes...
Same at French ski resorts like the epic Chamonix where you can ski in-bounds lift-served on vast ungroomed unmarked wild slopes and decide on the avalanch conditions based on your own knowledge and attention.

Meanwhile at Deer Valley (Park City) there are polished brass tissue dispensers attached to trees.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts