Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pick up a 00 sprint rs that has been sitting put in a freash battery and not a thing no ligths or any power do they have a fusable link? thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
kill switch?

sidestand up?

clutch in?

[ This message was edited by: SR1 on 2006-11-12 22:25 ]

·
Registered
154 Posts
if it has been sitting it might be worth check the clutch switch and kickstand switch too. They may be stuck in the closed/open position even with the clutch/kickstand in the right position and are in need of a little WD-40 to loosen them up.

I'm guessing you have checked all the fuses?

Also wondering if the new battery has a charge? Some batteries need an initial charge (sorry if this sounds obvious, but it's easier to rule out the simple stuff before REALLY getting into it).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just jump start it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes battery has charge and cked the all the fuses under the seat and used my jump box just no power to any thing

·
Registered
154 Posts
how about the main power relay? Can you test it somehow to make sure it is getting power through to the right parts? I am looking at my manual right now and trying to see what else might be causing it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see fuse 11 which is going from the plus side of the battery to the main power relay and to the alternator. It also goes to the main relay. This could be your problem.

My scanner is out of commision otherwise I would scan those pages of the manual for ya.

[ This message was edited by: trotsky on 2006-11-13 23:47 ]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the joyriders cut a few wires and blew 4 fuses and a bad ground.it work much easier with a new battery. it didn't like my kaw battery think it got heart burn from it got everything working as it should waiting on bodywork and paint thanks for the impute

1 - 15 of 15 Posts