Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im set to deploy here in feb and ive been contemplating my bikes next transformation. i wanted to do it up real old school so i contacted unity equipe about their manx frames. i told them my order would be around march and i was told that they might not even be around that long! that sucks so i started to do some research and found an old thread and found unitys frame supplier. i emailed him about possibly getting the frame directly from them if unity goes down the drain and i got an interesting email....

---------------------------------------------------
hi
the hinckly frame project is a unity idea. but as you have found out unity may not be around much longer. so the modifications that we wanted to do, have not been done.
i would strongly suggest that you look at the hyde harrier.

http://www.hydeharrier.co.uk/
it is a better designed frame than the unity one..
i know this reads like i am putting down our hinckly frame. but as i said. it was not our design as such.

----------------------------------------------------

so with an email like that im probably not going to go with that frame. the harrier isnt my style and VERY expensive so ill probably end up going with a slippery sam tank from norman hyde and also the tx seat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
OK the Hide frame may be more functional But the Manx is what the Thruxtion is all a bought..... Retro....If I were looking for function I would buy a Daytona 675 :confused::rolleyes:;) I just think Hide is missing the point.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Now that would be bad news - I called them a couple of weeks ago prior to going to see a Triton in Engerland with loads of Unity stuff on it. There was no suggestion then that they might not be around. My intuition here is that this might be typical Northern England negativity - perhaps delivered with a dark sense of impending gloom. The Yorkshire folk are not know for positivity - so treat it with balance. I hope they dont go down - there is a resurgance in interest for cafe racers, big time. Unity are at the heart of that, as is Dresda, and Norvil. Time to support them by placing your order now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts