Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an enquiry with my local dealer re the Triumph own race can. I was told now discontinued and all stock now gone at the factory. I double checked this info with another dealer who confirms same. Was told the only way you will get one is on e bay !! That surprised me as the old '06' has hardly been gone for years !

·
Registered
659 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem as thee are lots around. If you dont want to ebay for it then give Sandy at Triumph-ant a ring
:cool:

[ This message was edited by: nehpetsthegrey on 2007-03-09 06:19 ]

G

·
We (Riders of the Lost Empire) are also phasing out our silencer for the Tiger, but we do have 2 left. We're selling them for cost, $360 plus shipping (FL residents add 7% sales tax).

All stainless, ceramic filler, cool pipe.

Pix, dyno runs etc available, contact me. Thanks for your participation, be well, ride well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went blue flame and love it (once i got the right fitting kit for an 05 kitty)
Can have 3 stages of noise with just a circlip. although i am convinced it runs best in road leagal trim and race can map. fully unblocking it seems to make a big noise but less punch.

G

·
Try "DESTINATION TRIUMPH". They've got a shop in west sussex, just off the A24, my mate got a brand new triumph race can from them only last week and with a new heatshield, the guy in the parts dept knows how to get them, apparently theres a computer glitch going on..

http://www.destinationtriumph.co.uk/

Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
On 2007-04-02 08:28, Alan2u wrote:
Try "DESTINATION TRIUMPH". They've got a shop in west sussex, just off the A24, my mate got a brand new triumph race can from them only last week and with a new heatshield, the guy in the parts dept knows how to get them, apparently theres a computer glitch going on..

http://www.destinationtriumph.co.uk/

Good luck
That is interesting because two or three weeks I asked the very same partsman in the very same shop and was told "not a chance". He has obviously changed his mind

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is definately something funny going on at Triumph. Rang my dealer as soon as this thread appeared and the computer came up with "No Longer Available". Sounds like a corperate rather than stock decision.

Oh well there are plenty of good alternatives

G

·
On 2007-04-03 09:43, Wolf wrote:
Obviously a blatant advert but Trident (www.trident-exhausts.com) do every year of Tiger from the old 855 to 900 to 955 right up to the new 07
:-D
I've got nothing to do with those boys at D.T's so you got it totally and OBVIOUSLY wrong wolf..!!
I was just trying to help out with what I honestly knew, aint that what these forums are supposed to be all about..!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a question...

If you really want your bike to sound cool, why don't you just open the end of the stock muffler, and take the guts out?

I haven't done this, on the Tiger, although I used to do it on other bikes, when I was younger. They weren't computer controlled, of course. It looks to me like you can just open the muffler and pull the baffles out... Can you, or not?

·
Registered
370 Posts
there are 3 allen bolts at the end,if you undo them, all you can get at is the welded exhaust end,there is no way into the can itself.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A word about Trident, their product would not fit my '06 bike. Even after 3 attempts at the liknk pipe, and me making the cut for them to copy :???:
I will say the product looks good, but I could not get it to fit.
Roy.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Went to the dealers on Saturday and the 955i Tiger sports can is still available on their link to the factory?
Roy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2007-04-22 14:16, DAGAD wrote:
A word about Trident, their product would not fit my '06 bike. Even after 3 attempts at the link pipe, and me making the cut for them to copy :???:
I will say the product looks good, but I could not get it to fit.
Roy.
Interesting, as I was sent two link pipes, told one would fit, the other would not, very marginal difference between the two pipes. I agree looks great, sounds great without being offensive. However a Power commander and what a difference. In respect of triumph own Race can after posting the original message here I had a call from the dealer saying he had found a few, so yes, the triumph ones are knocking about still !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts