Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the following email today, from a Triumph dealer. This may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view, but it seems Triumph are clearing out the stocks of T300 parts. Which means no more long term support.:(

"Total Triumph are pleased to inform you that we are currently clearing parts stock for the older T300, Trophy, Daytona, Sprint, Trident, Thunderbird, Thunderbird Sport and Legend models.

Stock that we are clearing from the factory include:
Seats from £65
Complete fork legs from £70
Speedos from £30 (or complete dashboards from £65)
Brake Calipers with pads from £35
Wheels from £80

These are all brand new items that have been stored at Triumph's factory.
If you want us to check what we have for your bike, please just make sure you have your VIN number to hand from your log book and contact us here.

Please remember that this is limited stock that Triumph are discontinuing so will be sold on a first ordered first sold basis. Any questions please contact us."

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
That's amazingly cheap, ask them if they have TBS fork legs and front wheels. I'd take a complete (TB/TBS/Legend/Adv) clock assembly for 65 quid!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I asked about TBS forks and was told there were none available in this round of stuff.
He said if the sale goes well more stuff will be released but they have no idea what they will get.

·
Registered
671 Posts
the TBS clock sets are all gone...and they were complete with mounting plates and cups.. will stick mine on next week hopefully :) there are new wheels for the classics listed but not TBS sizes unfortunately.. the parts are available through your local triumph dealer (not just Total) and has been running for a couple of weeks... if you have a look on the world of triumph/lings site they have reduced the prices... the mikuni carbs are running out too.. a lot of the brake calipers have gone and they needed a bit of work cross referencing to get a pair.. i just bought listed for a sprint (i think) which is the same body as the TBS but different slider, however at 24 quid its cheaper than buying the seals, pistons and pads etc to refurb one of mine...

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Hmm, looked on WOT website but the prices are just the same - 420 odd quid for a set of Mikunis and they're listed as unavailable :dunno

·
Registered
671 Posts
they must've sold out of carbs.. theyre still listed at £86 but not available(they were us spec ones in the sale)

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have an online form that will get you a list of what is available if you enter a VIN. This is what I got back for my Tbird.

Rear Wheel Assembly £200
Rear Brake Caliper £50
Front LH Fork Lower £50
Complete Swingarm £89

I think it's a bad thing in the longer term, no more factory supplied parts.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hopefully it's the factoiry saying "We've more of these than we'll ever sell; let's unload some while we still can...".
maybe some of that, but also I think its 'once its gone its gone' same as they reduced the price of the Keihin carb sets last year (i missed out on those :( ) and they've been shown as 'unavailable' since..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts