Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This link should finally put paid to the frequently repeated questions on this forum about the Tiger being an adventure bike.
The answer is obviously up to the individual rider. Take a look at this link (and note that there are about seven successive chapters in the story) detailing one riders "ride around the world" on a Tiger.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/lindley/002042.php.

Enjoy
:cool:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
On 2006-12-30 19:02, stanegoli wrote:
This link should finally put paid to the frequently repeated questions on this forum about the Tiger being an adventure bike.
The answer is obviously up to the individual rider. Take a look at this link (and note that there are about seven successive chapters in the story) detailing one riders "ride around the world" on a Tiger.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/lindley/002042.php.

Enjoy
:cool:
Clicky !!

grrrrreat read, thanks !!

KK :cool:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Re the engine bolt on http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/lindley/002238.php
page. I had the same thing happen on mine some time after I'd fitted Touratech engine bars. I concluded that the original bolts are not long enough and the locking part of the nuts don't get to the bolt when you do them up. I replaced them with longer cap head bolts and have not had a problem in 20K since.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blacktiger that is a well known issue when mounting Touratech bars - you definitely have to buy longer bolts as the standard ones are not long enough, and Touratech don't supply the longer ones.
I had not realized that was the cause of his sheared bolt though. Good catch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The answer to end all questions on this subject can be seen on the intro to the DVD enclosed with the latest edition of TORQUE Magazine. It states

"TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES ARE STREET MOTORCYCLES. NOT SUITABLE FOR OFF ROAD USE"

Now that is that :razz: :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
A little Tale!!!

6 sorry 7!! years ago when travelling from Andorra down to Valencia,as we'd done it so many times on the motorway decided that we'd zig zag our way down on the small roads,came round a corner to be confronted by the local council who were re-sufacing the road,the Spanish don't do it like we do,one side then the other they rip everything up and exspect you to drive/ride over whats there.

So were confronted with 6" deep road gravel and hard core,with it being a boiling hot day,they also had a water bowser spraying to keep the dust down,what we didn't know was they'd ripped the road up for 30 miles!!,so being on my then 900i Tiger though it was a great chance to try it out,it did the job fine of handling the situation,apart from it was caked in gunge were the heat from the weather/engine had dried it on,but the twist!!! my mate on his VFR 800 did it just as well,admitedly between the pair of us we could must a life time of off roading but the principal is just the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts