Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away at the sanitarium for a few days but in reading the catch up of biker news here I seem to have missed the new helmet law in Michigan being discussed. Detroit News. No helmets save lives.

You guys burn't out on troops to NZ, electric bikes save money. "real" oil vs synthetic?

I'll go back a week and see if you guys took sides yet.:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Escaped again did'ja?

Good on you HAP, don't let em keep you locked up.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Gee Hap, I thought loud pipes saved lives.

Is this the article? Seems pretty pro-helmet.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18790120/motorcycle-helmet-laws-save-lives-and-dollars-cdc

Here's some other handy tips for savin' lives:

1. Do not get drunk and crash your motorcycle at a high rate of speed. (with or without a helmet)

2. Do not ride all the way to Deals gap at 95 mph... in the rain... at night.

3. Do not skimp on these three things: Motorcycle tires, parachutes, and brake jobs.

4. Do not "ghost ride" a 100 mph. wheelie the wrong direction on the belt-way at rush hour.

5. Do not throw coffee on Tie Pilot.

Your friend Nort

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gee Hap, I thought loud pipes saved lives.

Is this the article? Seems pretty pro-helmet.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18790120/motorcycle-helmet-laws-save-lives-and-dollars-cdc

Here's some other handy tips for savin' lives:

1. Do not get drunk and crash your motorcycle at a high rate of speed. (with or without a helmet)

2. Do not ride all the way to Deals gap at 95 mph... in the rain... at night.

3. Do not skimp on these three things: Motorcycle tires, parachutes, and brake jobs.

4. Do not "ghost ride" a 100 mph. wheelie the wrong direction on the belt-way at rush hour.

5. Do not throw coffee on Tie Pilot.

Your friend Nort
Yep. Great headline a cool cafe bike with a drugged out model aboard. I just liked that the anti helmet crew claimed fewer deaths from the passage of the law with out any long term proof.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Do they make you wear a helmet during your rehabilitation sessions HAP?

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
And hessian mits? Do you have to wear hessian mits HAP?

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Any of you guys that hang out at SOHC/4 will know about this but a guy over there goes by the handle of B.OX.K.N.I.F.E. had an accident a month ago (09/03/12) on his CB 750. Everything has pretty much healed up except he was not wearing a helmet. He is still in a coma. Good news is he is opening his eyes for longer and longer and may actually regain conciousness soon.

He sustained a traumatic brain injury and will probably never be the same.

I get the freedom to make your own choice and the wind in your hair crap but guess how much insurance he has and guess who is paying for his care and will pay for his care for the rest of his life? The answers are none and you and I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts