Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Nice Fall Ride & Pics!

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  johnsime 
#1 ·
Took the bonnie out for a spin today. I'm up in Wisconsin so it got a bit cold out but it was worth it!

I just love taking this bike out. Always get stares from other riders wondering if this is an original. Here are some pics...

[ This message was edited by: netsurfr on 2006-11-05 17:32 ]

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice bike! Although I'm partial to my Orange and Silver '03 T100, there's just something about those Bonnie Blacks that is really beginning to grow on me ............................. neat touch with the chrome cam cover. I gotta swap out the Triumph tank logo for one like you've got on your BB, if it will work with the two-tone ... guess it would.

Bob

#4 ·
Bob,

Thanks. I really like the BB. When I set out to buy a Bonnie I was originally planning on the Orange & White but after a while the black one just grew on me and now I'm glad I went that way. Adding some chrome here and there really finishes it up in my opinion.

The classic tank badge would look good on your bike too. Really nice touch if you ask me but then again I'm biased.

Jose
On 2006-11-05 19:02, ohiorider wrote:
Nice bike! Although I'm partial to my Orange and Silver '03 T100, there's just something about those Bonnie Blacks that is really beginning to grow on me ............................. neat touch with the chrome cam cover. I gotta swap out the Triumph tank logo for one like you've got on your BB, if it will work with the two-tone ... guess it would.

Bob

#5 ·
Jason,

I live just north of the stadium and as a matter of fact headed up to holy hill today myself. Saw some triumphs out and about today which is rare here in HD town. Maybe it was you guys. Season is close to the end for us but we should hook up and ride if weather is good or next summer.

Where do you & oldskookfool live?

On 2006-11-05 19:49, customcafe wrote:
Hey netsurfr, where do you live in Milwaukee? This afternoon oldskoolfool and I went for a kick ass ride through the holy hill area, you should of came along. It was a blast.

cheers, jason

#6 ·
oldskoolfool hails from Lisbon (menomee falls) and I am from Oak Creek. If you saw two thruxtons, then yes that would of been us. If we get some more nice weather, we should try and hook up for a ride on the weekend, I am sure we can raise some ruckus with three trumpets. Otherwise as you said there is always next season.

cheers, jason

#7 ·
Sweet ride & hat's off to braving the cold. Do I see some writing on the frame behind the airbox? Please reveal...inquiring minds would like to know. :-D

#10 ·
Nice looking bike, love the Bonnie Blacks. I would not be surprised at all if Customcafe and I rode right by ya on Sunday! If the weather is nice this weekend we should all meet up for a cruise. Madtowner should make a trek out as well!

[ This message was edited by: OldSkoolFool on 2006-11-06 19:05 ]

#11 ·
Jason,

I just emailed oldskoolfool w/ my email so we can all hook up if the weather holds this weekend. I saw pics of your bikes on the mini meet post. Sweeet!

Jose

On 2006-11-05 21:57, customcafe wrote:
oldskoolfool hails from Lisbon (menomee falls) and I am from Oak Creek. If you saw two thruxtons, then yes that would of been us. If we get some more nice weather, we should try and hook up for a ride on the weekend, I am sure we can raise some ruckus with three trumpets. Otherwise as you said there is always next season.

cheers, jason

#12 ·
Thanks pabonne. The writting you see is in fact the Made in Englad sticker... You can pick it up at BellaCourse or New Bonneville.

On 2006-11-06 05:40, pabonne wrote:
Sweet ride & hat's off to braving the cold. Do I see some writing on the frame behind the airbox? Please reveal...inquiring minds would like to know. :-D

#13 ·
Madtowner,

Kettle Moraine area is a great ride. We should try to find more Southeast WI Triumph riders and go out for some good rides. You may want to make your way east this weekend if weather is good. It looks like oldskoolfool and jason would be up for the ride.

On 2006-11-06 13:15, madtowner wrote:
Of course, next year if y'all head west to the Kettle Moraine area for a ride, some of us Madisonians could hook up, too! tim

#14 ·
I may as well get in on this ride!!

I live in Burlington and the Kettle and Milwaukee is equidistant for me. I plan to pick up a new T100 this winter or spring from Shoreline Triumph in Racine. I won't ride it until I have her modded to my likening. So, I will keep in touch with all you SE Wisconsin and Madisonite riders. I would love to tag along for the ride.

Mack

#16 ·
Heck we should have thought of this earlier in the season but we should all try to stay in touch and start a SE Wisconsin pack or something.

Madtowner & MadMack customcafe, oldskoolfool and I are communicating via email about a ride this weekend. If you want me to let you know what the plans are email me at jfreyre1@lycos.com and I'll let you know what comes of it.

This of course is all based on weather and our weekend schedules but it be nice if we can do something.

Jose

#18 ·
johnsime,

!@#@! why did you have to go and post that pic??? Now I have to buy that chrome strip cause it just looks too cool! And of course I noticed the tach too...

Nice bike.

Jose
On 2006-11-08 03:30, johnsime wrote:
Netsurfer

Nice pics - I have a blackie too - I bought a chrome retro strip for the tank from NewBonneville and everyone says it looks great - check it out

Page Title

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.