Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, hello to all on this forum. I've been lurking on for some time and found this forum very useful. I have to apologize my language, 'cause English isn't my natural language. Hope you have some sense of my writings! :eek:

And here's my problem:

I've purchased NH peashooters, wich sounds nice and looks cool on my bike (2008 Bonne EFI), but fitting them is little complicated. I started wonder how you done it? Were the install brackets just fine or did you have to mod them? Upper or lower holes? I've found that the silencer ends have too much clearance from rear shock bolts and look odd, if I'm using unmodified brackets. Pictures of your solutions would be very nice!

And how about the side stand? Did you have to put some rubber hose around it? Did you use rubber pads from your original silencers or what was your solution?

·
30,523 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum.

I have not fitted these particular silencers, so I cannot directly help you, but in case you were not aware, here is a link to our exhaust sticky:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/70062-exhaust.html

It tends to be more about sound than fitment, but the peashooters are quite popular, and you may find some useful pics and vids in there.

However, I am quite sure someone will chime in soon, this is a great forum, with some very knowledgeable people.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
I fitted my NH Peashooters without too many problems.....I do remember some weird fit issues I thought I would have, but those straitened out after I tightened up the clamps.As for the sidestand, I didn't do anything because mine doesn't rattle. I do see where I may rig up something where it touches the frame, though. I can't remember which hole I used, I'm thinking the lower one....
I would recomend contacting The Norman Hyde people directly for assistance. they designed therse and are pretty reputable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys! I've read the exhaust thread over and over, but there wasn't any pics near enough the rear axle. I put pictures here myself if I can find answer to my little problem today.

I think that the whole problem is result from a millimeter gap here and another there. Nothing unusual, but it can be very frustrating...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts