Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was just looking on ebay at Triumphs, out of curiosity, and boy are the prices high right now. Some folks are pretty proud of what they have. It made me appreciate what I have and what I am working on. Makes me think finding a reasonable project bike may be rougher than I thought.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I found a 1980 Moto Guzzi Le Mans round the back of my local bike shop. It had been taken in as part of a 'job lot' when the owner decided that he no longer wanted his collection of half a dozen or so bikes. This was probably the worst of the bunch... It hadn't run for 15 years, was filthy dirty and the petrol tank leaked but it did turn over when they put a battery on it. I made them a stupidly low offer which they jumped at... they even delivered it for me. I spent a couple of months of spare time and around 500 of our fine British quids tidying it up and it turned out to be a right little cracker. I've already been offered considerably more than double what it's cost me but I'll keep it for a while. Looking forward to giving it a good thashing next spring.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts