Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of engine guards that Brent at www.newspeedmaster.com has for sale? I think they may be a good idea for my SM. I read the two reviews of the Ma's Cycle engine guards at www.bonnevilleamerica.com, but they don't offer them anymore, as there were too many complaints of poor foot clearance, and concerns with clearance when cornering. And, they don't have any pictures of those guards, so I have no reference to compare with Brent's.
On the pictures on Brent's site, his guards certainly look sturdy enough, and they appear to only stick out to the side as far as the footpegs ends, so I wouldn't think there would be a cornering issue. Any opinions would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well just my opinion and observation. Even though the guards go out only as far as the pegs, they are farther in front of the pegs, which I have noticed with other bikes loses some of your cornering clearance. Because it is farther in front, it bottoms out first so you might lose a little cornering clearance. In my opinion, they look a little too big for the bike. Unless you have saddlebags and a windshield or ferring on the bike, I think they will look to big for the bike if it is naked. If someone can come out with those exact guards, but cut them in and up about 2 inches on each side, I think they would be perfect.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I like the looks of the Triumph crash bars, I've seen a couple of bikes with them and they are smaller and look nicer on the bike.
I wish they came in black instead of just chrome, that would look cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts