Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. This week I have installed the Tec 2-1 tracker system on my 2015 bonnie Newchurch. I've got it all installed except for the O2 sensors, as the cables are too short. I'm told that I just need to reroute them, however they don't seem to have excess cable tucked away under the tank as I've seen some people find on the forum. Instead the cables just seem to stem directly from the 'head unit' (in front of the tank) with very little slack. Is it worth me removing the tank even if the cables clearly lead elsewhere?

Also, I've seen a lot of threads discussing people eliminating the O2 sensors. Is there any reason I should rather do this than install the sensors? Allows the engine to be more free flowing? Removes the snatchy first gear? Or is that only when done in conjunction with a remap? I did see one thread that suggested eliminating the sensors can cause issues further down the line.

Any advice is appreciated as, as you may be able to tell, I'm not very experienced at all when it comes to wrenching on the bike.

Cheers in advance.

Humf

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did this on my bike a few days ago.
Have you tried unbolting the oil cooler? Made rerouting the cables alot easier but they were still quite tight. I'm planning to remove them this week so I wasn't to fussed.
Some others have mentioned that they're cable tied up the top and cutting that can free up some length??

Sent from my ATU-L22 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet mate but that was my plan for this weekend. Think I'll clear them from there to free up a little slack and then investigate what's happening up at the top. Wasn't sure if it was worth committing and taking off the tank for a proper look. Will probably avoid it if possible.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you've chosen to remove them? Cheers

I just did this on my bike a few days ago.
Have you tried unbolting the oil cooler? Made rerouting the cables alot easier but they were still quite tight. I'm planning to remove them this week so I wasn't to fussed.
Some others have mentioned that they're cable tied up the top and cutting that can free up some length?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not yet mate but that was my plan for this weekend. Think I'll clear them from there to free up a little slack and then investigate what's happening up at the top. Wasn't sure if it was worth committing and taking off the tank for a proper look. Will probably avoid it if possible.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you've chosen to remove them? Cheers
With the new exhaust on and SAI already removed finding the bike a little sluggish to warm up and throttle a bit snatchy at low revs.
Hopefully removing them with smooth all that out

·
Registered
334 Posts
With the modification discussed here, I assume you recognize a re-tune of the ECM will be required. Otherwise the bike won't operate optimally.

With much reading and advice gleaned from this forum, I have installed the Tec 2>1, O2 sensors deleted, Air Injectors (AI) deleted, and also implemented the typical modifications to the intake to allow more air flow into the engine. Based on the combined effect of all these mods I selected and installed a suitable TTP tune.

The result has been noticeably more power and a smoother power delivery, making my bike the keeper I hoped for when I first bought it.

So my advice - do some homework, consider and implement all mods that impact your engine/power delivery, and select and install the appropriate tune. Honestly you won't be disappointed. I know it's daunting, but feel fee to reach out on this forum. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge and resources, accompanied by members very willing to help.

Good luck, Thruxty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Humf just to follow on, I finished removing the O2 sensors today and remapped with tuneECU using the arrow 2-1 map.
Went for a test ride straight away and damn! The improvement was noticeable as soon as I pulled away.
That low throttle snatchiness is gone and bike pulled alot smoother. More rides to come but I'm stoked with the change so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@pieater Sounds good!! im just doing some general reading around the area, but I may very well follow suit. Hopefully just sort out the sensor cable situation for now and run it with the baffles in. Then I've got a ride and some time to consider next steps and look into remaps/tunes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Thruxty yeah, I've realised that what I'm doing is likely going to require further steps. But as you say, currently I'm hoping to install the sensors and run with the baffles in (which I'm told would leave me fine to run without a remap). Which will then allow me to ride and do some more reading and investigation about potential next steps. Yeah I'm fairly sure anything I would consider has been done and written about extensively on this forum. So I should be well read when it comes to it. Cheers for the reply. Ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts