Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to the forum. Just wanting to learn about TRIUMPH as I am considering buying one in the spring. I remember friends having them when I was a kid and I didn't know they were still around. I went to a dealer to look at BMW's and found the Sprint ST and fell in love. It is exactly want I am looking for. So here I am wanting to learn and make friends.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
welcome! You will love the sprint. There is a ton of info on this site about every nut and bolt on your sprint. Hopefully you pick it up and then let the extras begin!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome from a guy who is relatively close to Indiana!:D

If you haven't ridden one, I think you'll be shocked at how capable Triumph's triple engine is. Perfect combination of torque and hp, and sounds very, very nice.

You mentioned looking at BMW's when you spotted the Triumphs.....you didn't happen to be at R. Falcone at Indy did you?

Take care!

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unleaded,
That is the place that I went to. I live up by Chicago, but all the dealers are in Illinois. We were in Indy for something and I stopped in there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They're good guys. I've just recently bought a bike from them, but I've bought parts/accessories from them for several years. They're not really close to me, either (about 90 miles), but I usually have a reason to get over to Indy 4 or 5 times/year, so not the end of the world, either.

I'm downstate a ways....about 20 miles west of the Indiana line right off of I-70. Shoot me a note after you get your new bike if you're ever heading this way!

Doug

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome blinky1246.:)

There are a lot of friendly helpful Sprint owners here so I hope you enjoy our Sprint forum.

When you get a chance please take a little time to read our forum sticky threads at the top of the page.

have a great day and enjoy the forum.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum binky1246. Which model were you looking at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaveM I have read and appreciate the family forum as my kids are always around and checking out what I am doing.

steventhechef I am looking at the Sprint ST.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Binky, You'll be glad to buy one at Indy Triumph. They're a great group of people. Also, I'd recommend you look into the IndyRAT Racers RAT Pack for an outstanding group of individuals to ride with. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LighningJack The people in Indy are great. The few times that I have been in there, they have been very helpful. My only concern is that they are 120 miles from my house. I am not a mechanic and if it needs work, that can be a problem.

Do you know any Indy RAT racers that live in Northern Indiana?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts