Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? They seem crazy expensive but its difficult finding one that fits. For that money they had better be good!

·
Registered
621 Posts
On 2006-12-13 22:11, sweatmachine wrote:
you want good? you want cheap? you want it to fit well?
Agreed! I have a Chase Harper, but bought the Nelson Rigg before I went to the UK. A quality item. The carry handle and shoulder strap are very handy... and those magnets are STRONG!

Bob

·
Registered
282 Posts
Marsee makes a great tank bag. I have a 19 liter magnetic. I also like Oxford stuff thinking about getting a pair of there throw over bags.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
On 2006-12-13 19:48, bonnienewbie wrote:
Does anyone have one? They seem crazy expensive but its difficult finding one that fits. For that money they had better be good!
You can trust that if newbonneville.com has it, it's being offered at the going price per the manufacturer. You'll probably be able to find it elsewhere at the same price, but I doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have the Nelson Rigg CL-300 and like it a lot. Seems to fit the tank pretty well. Because the bag sits toward the back of the tank (to keep it off the gas cap), it can be a little tricky to read something in the map pocket while on the move--especially in a full-face helmet--but I would imagine that would happen with almost any tank bag on the Bonnie. I ran the bag through some heavy rain, and it stayed mostly dry (with the rain cover in place). One thing to keep in mind is that the CL-300 is pretty compact--no expansion like the bag Brent has, above. My SLR camera (not small) and a couple candy bars fill it, though there are side pockets for a phone, the rain cover and whatnot. To me, it's a good size because you can throw it over your shoulder when you stop (if you don't mind the purse-like appearance).

·
Registered
781 Posts
I bought one from New Bonneville. Very well made. Matches the profile of the tank perfectly. And the magnets really grab hold and make it extremely easy to put the bag on and take it off. I'm very satisfied.

(Larger, more detailed pictures are in my Photo Album.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts