Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - We were asked to make a set of Idle Mixture ThumbScrews that exactly replicates the stock screw's measurements, but has the added feature of tool free adjustments. We now have these in stock. MORE INFO HERE

-brent

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Nice job on these parts, Brent - although my older set of thumbscrews work, they do not permit me to dial in the mid range between too lean and too rich. These should permit me to do that.

Before I order, do you supply the small o-rings and washers that fit ahead of the spring on the thumbscrew needles and act as a seal? I know from past experience how easy those things are to lose, especially when working on the carbs with them mounted on the bike instead of on the bench.

Bob

PS - if my eyes don't deceive me, it look like you've notched the thumbscrews so it is easy to count turns.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob - We're looking at sourcing the o-rings and washers (we may end up making the washers) but this first batch is sans accoutrements.

Good eye! We have indeed marked the outer edges of the knurled head on both sides to make it easier to count turns.

-brent

·
Registered
505 Posts
Triumph sell the O rings for $4 each and the washers for $7 each! I hope Brent can make them cheaper than that, and offer them as an option!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I have those screws in my '03 and they are worth every penny. Here in SC the mornings can be quite different in temp from the afternoons in the fall and spring. I can tweek the idle mix at a stop and readjust a little later to compensate. It has made getting rid of decal pop a breeze.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts