Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!
just a quick hello from the new guy. after lurking around for a while and both viewing the great pics as well as reading the posts, i simply had to join.
although i am current enrolled at fairview college i am planning on locating to calgary this spring...and more importantly...picking up a new thruxton! and words of wisdom regarding the site, that town or that beautiful ride, feel free to let me know.
all the best
fuzzyface :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome Fuzzyface.

I personally think the trip on 1A going west from Cochrane is a delightful ride. Calgary is so close to the mountains that you will get to experience some great rides.

Enjoy

G

·
Hey Mr. Fuzz,

Calgarians have been enjoying some nice rides, as long as you point your headlight west!
You can do the Kananaskis loop. One of my week-end favs! You can start to go west on 1A, then head south through the K country and you'll end up in Longview. Head North towards Black Diamond, and at Millarville turn towards Bragg Creek, where you are guaranteed to see the week-end bike posers (the Calgary-BraggCreek coffee commuters, I call them).
There's also the possibility to do the loop the other way around, depneding on when you leave, and how much sun you want to get in your face...

I head out to Nelson quite a lot (got family there), which is one of the best regions for twisties and fun in corners. The Kootenay Raid is in July this year, you should come!
July 13-14 I believe...

ALSO, I'm involved with the local moto race club, the Calgary Motorcycle Roadracing Assoc. (www.roadracing.org), we have 5 events this year. Go to bike shops around calgarry, you should see the poster I've made.. it's really bright lime green. can't miss it!

Welcome to the community fuzzyface!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts