Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This my first post so pardon the length.
I found this forum a couple of weeks ago and I've been doing a lot of reading. I have an '05 Daytona 955i SE that I've owned for the last three years. This is actually my second 955, I had a '95 Daytona 900 prior to that for ten years. My first 955 had a starting issue the dealer and powers that be couldn't fix so Triumph bought it back and gave me this one. Over the last three years I've only put 1500 miles on it. My interest shifted to auto racing so that the bike hasn't had much use. Now that the race car is parked I'm going to get back on the bike. I just put a Trident high mount carbon pipe on it, literally 30 minutes ago. Now my question(s) for those of you that have this pipe how did you stop the leaking at the upper clamp and how do you remove the seat?

Thanks
Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
Hi Joe - welcome to TriumphRat and welcome back aboard your Daytona!

To remove the seat, first remove the rear passenger seat by inserting key on the left side (below rider seat), to release the latch for rear seat. (sometimes you need to press down slightly as you turn key to get it to release);
To remove the rider seat, look at the left & right of the cross bar on the subframe just below the middle of tail section, right below the rear of the rider seat - remove those two bolts then the seat will lift free (it's hooked in at front end, so rotate rear up towards front, then lift back & out.)

For exhaust, if you can't get seal just with clamp use some Permatex Ultra Copper

You should also take bike to the dealer and ask them to upload the 'TOR' tune for your pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DEcosse,
I don't know if I'd have ever figured that out, I got it off.
I started taking the rear body work off so now I'm going to use some instructions I found for a DIY fender eliminator.

I'd already planned to take it to the dealer for remapping
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Joe - welcome to TriumphRat and welcome back aboard your Daytona!

To remove the seat, first remove the rear passenger seat by inserting key on the left side (below rider seat), to release the latch for rear seat. (sometimes you need to press down slightly as you turn key to get it to release);
To remove the rider seat, look at the left & right of the cross bar on the subframe just below the middle of tail section, right below the rear of the rider seat - remove those two bolts then the seat will lift free (it's hooked in at front end, so rotate rear up towards front, then lift back & out.)

For exhaust, if you can't get seal just with clamp use some Permatex Ultra Copper

You should also take bike to the dealer and ask them to upload the 'TOR' tune for your pipe.
Re rider seat bolts - is that the 2 bolts on the outside of the bike (recesssed about an inch or so), or are there other bolts visible once pillion seat / hump is removed). Can't see for meself til Friday (delivery), but gonna order some relays to (hopefully) sort out 2 x lights etc, so getting "genned" up on how to do it.
Thanks,
Andrew.

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
The bolts are not accessible from outside - only when the pillion seat (or cowl) is removed.

Looking at this pic:

There are two metal brackets that fit into those square slots at the rear of the seat - those brackets bolt to the cross-brace and you remove them to remove the seat.
It's a pretty hokey method compared to the previous generation

You can see those brackets (item #2) - and where they fit on the cross-brace - in this picture

1 - 6 of 6 Posts