Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - Just a quick note to intro myself. Based in Auckland New Zealand - just minutes from the Pacific Coast Highway and glorious roads that could have been built for the new Hinckley twins :) Had a Red/White Thruxton since Oct 09 - have a prior history as a bit of a 'bike ****' averaging 8 months ownership per bike since 1978 - the Thruxton cured that. Still deeply in love. Got car license and bike license in 1978 - have never owned a car. Drive rentals etc, but my garage has only ever been graced by two wheels. Nice to be here and looking forward to posting some pics soon. Cheers. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
G'day from just across the Firth of Thames in Coromandel:D

Nice bike you have - it was a toss-up for the Thruxton or Street Triple to replace my Blackbird last year and the ST only just shaded it.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Heaven was yesterday coming down the Kaipara highway from Wellsford to Helensville and sharing my side of the road with only 3 cars in about 70 fast km :) BTW Kiwirat - I can understand the ST choice living where you do - it'd scratch better than the Thruxton - pretty sure though the Arrow pipes on mine may have the edge on sound in some of those twisty areas :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts