Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short note to say hi,

I currently own a HD that pumps out 81HP and 84TQ all the work tp the bike has been performed by myself.

I think there is a few people on this forum that know me from the XL forum?

I do not currently own a trumpy but will be purchasing in the future, I am looking at getting an 2002 or younger ST and have been researching them for some time now. Anyway I look forward to talking to you all soon. regards Dave :D

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Davecar! Sprints are great bikes. Good luck with your search. Should be a fine complement to your Sportster.

Being the newbie, it's your shout! Make mine a dark 'n stormy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark and Stormy. good choice!!

Welcome to the forum, Davecar! Sprints are great bikes. Good luck with your search. Should be a fine complement to your Sportster.

Being the newbie, it's your shout! Make mine a dark 'n stormy!

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Just a short note to say hi,

I currently own a HD that pumps out 81HP and 84TQ all the work tp the bike has been performed by myself.

I think there is a few people on this forum that know me from the XL forum?

I do not currently own a trumpy but will be purchasing in the future, I am looking at getting an 2002 or younger ST and have been researching them for some time now. Anyway I look forward to talking to you all soon. regards Dave :D
Have you been through the initiation ceremony yet?:D

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the group. We are a very serious lot here. Please keep all joking and kidding around to a minimum.
:FunnyFace:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the welcome all

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME ALL.

I am looking forward to picking your brains in the future, currently I have almost no technical knowledge pertaining to Triumphs, except for some hop up stuff like, drill out stock can, increase fuel pump PSI, 18T front sprocket. But I can offer tech advice on HD if anyone needs info. regards Dave

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Fresh meat.........................

Don't worry, we will cure you of your Harley problem* real fast.

*joke

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum Davecar. Great info here, pm me if you you need some help :)

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
. But I can offer tech advice on HD if anyone needs info.
Your very kind Dave, thanks :) ...but no thanks... ;) Purely Triumph here.

hogwylde might be interested though :D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Welcome! This is a great place.
If you're a V-twin guy Victory is now selling motorcycles in Australia and you'll get over 100 ft lbs of tourque stock. The dealers are in Mackay & Melbourne which may be quite a ride for you though.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Welcome and I have also seen you on the XL Forum as I have been relagated to a Sportster (shake, rattle and roll) since the demise of my Bonnie:eek: For Davecar and hogwylde, only:D I have installed a Supertrapp Stainless Steel 2 into one exhaust system on the 883 Sporty:motorbike2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all

thanks all,

Not to start an argument or get offside, but my HD holds it own, she pumps out 71TQ at 2500RPM and peaks at 84TQ, HP is 81. I often have other ridders (speed triples riders included) ask what the hell have I done to the engine. She does power wheelies in first and second and you need forearms like popeye to hang on. But it is time for a change and a quite, smooth running beast is the reason for my venture over to a Triumph ST, I intend to do a few mods within the first month of purchase to get a bit more low end power and may even look at a turbo in a year or so.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
thanks all,

Not to start an argument or get offside, but my HD holds it own, she pumps out 71TQ at 2500RPM and peaks at 84TQ, HP is 81. I often have other ridders (speed triples riders included) ask what the hell have I done to the engine. She does power wheelies in first and second and you need forearms like popeye to hang on. But it is time for a change and a quite, smooth running beast is the reason for my venture over to a Triumph ST, I intend to do a few mods within the first month of purchase to get a bit more low end power and may even look at a turbo in a year or so.
Those are excellent numbers from your HD. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Yes I've seen you on the XL Forum to Davecar. I use a different username over there. Anyway welcome aboard and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts