Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have come back to biking after a break of thirty plus years and now ride a BMW F800GT which I am enjoying. However I like the look of the Triumph GT SE and wondered what you guys thought of this bike. My nearest Triumph dealer does not not have a GT as a demo Bike only a ST. Would having a go on the ST be any use (my instinct says no)?

I am 5' 8" stocky build, ride all year in any weather except ice. I like a 'blast' at weekends, commute thirty two miles a day to work and enjoy longer trips of 400/ 500 miles whenever I can. I have a bad back so prefer a more uptight riding position. I also have to spend a fair bit of time in built up town traffic and fear the GT might have a problem in this territory -filtering, slow speeds etc? Good fuel consumption is also an issue for me.

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes

Gary

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You sound like the exact rider this motorcycle is designed for. Good luck with your decision! When I bought my Speed Triple it was a coin toss between it and a new Sprint GT. I love my Speed Triple, but now wish I had a GT, too. And a Rocket. And a Daytona. And and and...

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts