Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Dan from the western part of Connecticut. I have a 2008 Sprint ST that I picked up last year so my gf and I would be more comfortable 2-up riding. Great bike but it needs some upgrades. Mainly, the front has a slight wobble, head bearing is bad/needs adjustment. I'm all about making a bike better rather than just fixing what's there and I found this site via searching for suspension upgrades and found the USD conversion, so I'm in the process of sourcing out parts for putting a *ahem* Busa front end on it. Then comes the dropped pegs because I'm 6'7" and the woman is 5'10" so we need more room! haha! And eventually a taller windscreen, upgraded headlights, and at some point down the road new exhaust and tuning at my good friends dyno shop. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know some of you. DEcosse has already been a help. See you guys out there!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Dan from the western part of Connecticut. I have a 2008 Sprint ST that I picked up last year so my gf and I would be more comfortable 2-up riding. Great bike but it needs some upgrades. Mainly, the front has a slight wobble, head bearing is bad/needs adjustment. I'm all about making a bike better rather than just fixing what's there and I found this site via searching for suspension upgrades and found the USD conversion, so I'm in the process of sourcing out parts for putting a *ahem* Busa front end on it. Then comes the dropped pegs because I'm 6'7" and the woman is 5'10" so we need more room! haha! And eventually a taller windscreen, upgraded headlights, and at some point down the road new exhaust and tuning at my good friends dyno shop. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know some of you. DEcosse has already been a help. See you guys out there!
Greetings from Guilford, CT.

Wow!! so many new triumph riders from CT. sounds like it's time for a meet & greet.

Check out the ride and events forum for information on the 2012 Bennington(VT) Triumph Bash .

Regards,

GerryP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Matt here in Long Beach, CA on a Sprint ST1050 (2010). I am also tall, 6'4", w/ long legs so I was wondering if you resolved the leg room issue on your bike. I bought MFW peg extensions from Twisted Throttle and got some more leg room, but the problem w/ getting my foot over the top of the shifter and brake pedal resulted. I am currently trying to find a longer shifter rod that I can use, and possibly getting a brake pedal fabricated at a local fabrication shop. If you did resolve those problems, please do let me know how you did so. Take care. Matt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts