Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of a new Street Triple R and I have a few questions. They're very basic, so please bear with me.

1) Should the chain be adjusted 35 - 40 mm like the Daytona or 20 - 25 like the standard Street Triple?

2) Does the manual go underneath the seat over the battery? I can barely squeeze mine in there, but it makes the seat a little difficult to close.

3) The "toolkit" had a couple screws and nuts in it. What are those for? Also, what is the allen wrench for?

4) What size is the wheel spindle nut? I'll need to get a socket.

Thanks for your help and I'll look forward to getting to know some of you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I can't really answer much of the other questions, but I didn't bother trying to fit the manual in the bike. I just either carry it with me in my messenger bag or just leave it at home, haven't found a need to whip it out when I'm not at home yet.

Also I have a scorpio alarm installed and that thing takes up all the space I have back there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
what is the allen wrench for?
Don't really know the other stuff, and I didn't get a tool kit:(. The allen wrench fits many things on the bike, most commonly for the gas tank so you can prop it up with the supplied "prop rod". It also fits the seat cowl screws and I believe the rear fender, not sure. if you don't have a seat cowl then you will most likely never use it. I've used it on the gas tank once to install my K&N air filter.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Have you checked the R-specific insert in the manual for information about the chain? Unless it says otherwise, go with the 25 mm spec, as the R's geometry is much closer to the standard Street than to the Daytona.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts