Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the far side all. I am new to the Triumph forum but not new to motorcycling. I have cousin in Ardmore OK who is absolutely convinced the new Triumphs could well be the best scooters made today. I have always trusted his ability at researching products and making wise decisions. Hence I am taking a serious look at jumping from the Bavarian ship onto the British. I have been riding since 1968 and on beemers since 1977. I did have a 20-year break from 1980 to April of 2000 though. Despite that long hiatus, I have still managed to accumulate nearly 400K miles in my riding history.

I am very excited about the Trophy due out in January. That 30.3" seat height really got my attention seeing as how I can only boast a 27" inseam. What I'm hoping to gain here is insight into these fine looking machines (visually as well as spec-wise) in order to make an informed decision for my 60th B-day present in May of 2014. Of course the hope is that I will be impresed enough to have a new Trohpy in the stable at that time. I am planning a test ride on my 59th B-day next May in Bethany, OK where my cousin will meet me and maybe a few friends for a test ride of his own.

Let me know what y'all think about the new Trophy as they become avaialable and folks begin to rack up miles and smiles.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any Texas Triumph rallies

I'm curious about any Texas Triumph rallies. Are there many/any planned in the near future? If so, when and where? I'd like to get a close-up look at other models and meet the owners between now and my test ride next May.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texas Hill Country + bluebonnett tour?

greetings from the far north of Texas again. I wasn't quite sure where to put this so it seemed like the welcome thread might be appropriate.

I have noticed quite a few Texans signing up lately and was wondering if any of you have plans to make a bluebonnett tour about mid-April. One of my brothers lives a little way outside Austin at Horseshoe Bay and keeps me up to date on the current crop. I would like to see if maybe we could plan a spring ride into the hill country to enjoy the great twisty roads and beautiful scenery all at once. Any other Texans (or others) leaning in that direction?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts