Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hello to all in New Zealand. I am of the mind that our media in the US exaggerates things, so I want to go the source and ask if the snows in New Zealand, i.e. Unseasonable Weather In Queenstown

Is this really unusual or something that just happens every once in a while? I have seen weather in Montana called unusual, but speak to long time locals and it is normal. I lived there for 11 years and I saw warm winters, cold summers, vice versa and everything in between.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Careful Fungus, with a handle like Iceman, he's bound to be bias.

But seriously, the Powers That Be want us to see that weather patterns are BAD, AWEFUL, Never Been This Bad Ever Before, that way they'll be able to be implement useless fuggn carbon taxes to remedy low priority issues like CO2 production and we'll think that they are our saviors when in reality they are lying bloody pirates.

Since I live close to Queenstown (compared to you), Summer is taking its own sweet time to kick in, but I'm happy 'cause when it hits, you wish it hadn't.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Today, it was 50 degrees F and sunny here. For once, I'm glad to be in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Wow, this was to be the week I was going to tour the south island by motorcycle, but I've postponed the trip until February, decided partly on the advice of members of this forum.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No worries Guy!

There's also an excellent account of a tour by an American here: http://kiwibound.livejournal.com/2009/03/17/ which has some great photos as you scroll through the entries.

A lot of people (including me) use Peter Mitchell's NZ Motorcycle Atlas as it has route planning, a star rating of each route and things to see and do along the way. Amazon has them in stock at present: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/New-Zealand-Motorcycle-Atlas-Hema/dp/1877302325[/ame]. Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts