Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I just stepped up from 75 Honda CB360 to a Bonnie Black, which I'm so excited about! I've been looking through this site at everyone's beautiful bikes, and I'm hoping someone in the New York area can maybe point me in the right direction of a store where they have a lot of the Triumph accessories. I'd like to actually see some of the stuff up close. I'm looking for gel seats in particular.

Also, my bike still has 1 year of warranty left, but I'm not sure what the guarantee covers. Can anyone point me in a good direction on where I could find more info? I looked all through the Triumph site, but couldn't find anything.
Thanks, and look out for pics when I get my ride all worked out!

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
The warranty is comprehensive. It covers everything except normal wear and tear and maintenance items.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Triumph/Ducati dealer in Soho is pretty good re clothing, boots, t-shirts, etc. There is a very cool place in Williamsburg called The Shop which is a combination motorcycle parking garage, certified Triumph repair shop, hair salon (I kid you not) and performance space for bands. They have huge street parties in the summer with all kinds of bikes, $2 PBRs, barbecue etc. There is also a bike shop in Greenpoint called Works Engineering that does work on Triumphs and is next to to a cool bike bar. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Freehold Triumph/ Honda in NJ has a good selection. Not in NYC but a nice ride away, and a very good dealership. They also run MADSS.com, which is IMHO the best online source for Triumph accessories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, here ya go. This depends on what accessories you need, buuut, for NYC:

Triumph NY in Soho is good but what you won't get there is alot of time and personal attention. However, if you need work on the bike, they are very knowledgeable and good at cutting to the chase as they see SO many bikes and have dealt with every imaginable issue. Good guys in service. Best to go at off times as they get very busy.

The next best authorized Triumph dealer (not including this cool place in Williamsburg) is called Locomotion Powersports. They are in Suffern. It is a very nice ride up the Palisades (Great road) then seven miles through country roads into Suffern. What you get here is alot of attention and time. Great mechanic and service manager. Not sure what they do but whenever they work on my bike it rides better than ever. Pretty good stock of jackets, clothes, etc. For that stuff go to Soho.

The websites already mentioned are the top ones, so not much to add there. Hope this helps. Enjoy! Great bike!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Triumph/Ducati dealer in Soho is pretty good re clothing, boots, t-shirts, etc. There is a very cool place in Williamsburg called The Shop which is a combination motorcycle parking garage, certified Triumph repair shop, hair salon (I kid you not) and performance space for bands. They have huge street parties in the summer with all kinds of bikes, $2 PBRs, barbecue etc. There is also a bike shop in Greenpoint called Works Engineering that does work on Triumphs and is next to to a cool bike bar. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.
Thanks for the tip, I am local brooklyner and will definitely scope this out. You recommend them for service as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts