Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I couldn't stand the holes in my Yoke. So I decided to by a 2008 Yoke for my 2010. I wanted to clean that area all up, a bonus is it will lower my Motogadget about a 1/2 inch. Should I Black Texture Coat it or Leave it Aluminum ? I am leaning towards the Black. Let me know what ya think ? Tu Compadres, Sutty

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I'm pretty partial to polished alloy, but with your setup I think the black looks pretty cool and is probably the way I would go. Looks like it will lower your gauge a bit too.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Since your current one is black, have you ever thought that you wish it weren't? Or...put iot on as is and ride it for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I wanted to clean that area all up, a bonus is it will lower my Motogadget about a 1/2 inch.
I like the Aluminum look. Also if you want to lower the gage pod even more screw it on from under the bottom instead of the top. Then go to an auto parts store and get plastic plugs to fill the holes on the top. That is what I did and it looks very clean.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Given your stealth look, I'd definitely go black Sutty, would look very nice indeed. Getting the clipon style top yolk was a no brainer given how minimalist your set up is with the motogadget clock.

I'm envious!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys for all the input, I decided on Black and here is the outcome.......

Now I just have to straighten out my beer cap nut cover....
My next project will be to hook up the Motogadget Oil Temp Sensor. Tu Compadres, Sutty

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Like it in black ... also getting a new one for mine to go with my clipons (2010 Thrux) ... but I'm waiting on British Customs ... they have one in development which will make the speedo/tach bracket flush with the yoke. Hopping to hear some news by month's end. There's an inset cut into it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have an 04 - so already have the no holes barred version.
You've sold me on going black - what is texturecoat? Is it like a commercial powdercoat?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Channel, Brother , I am Sorry, my intent was not for you to have to spend more money. Rather, consider it a excuse :)

Trip 9's, yeah Sean was telling me about that the last time we spoke. It sounds as if it will be awesome... Keep us posted

Aarik, I wished I had some big fancy explanation for what is "textured black" but, in reality it is just Rustoleum Spray Paint ( the old rattle can kind ). The color is called Textured Black... I prep and prime, then paint. I have had excellent luck with it.

I appreciate all the comments guy's . Tu Compadres, Sutty

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Received and installed the BC triple clamp ... unfortunately the inset section where the bracket goes is too small so I used rubber spacers behind and bolted her on. Looks nice ... just like on the pre-2009 model triple clamps. Black finish is really nice. Took bike into BC and they were great ... they're still engineering the part for full production ... when they're done, they'll swap out the finished version with the one I have on so my bracket will sit flush with the top surface of the clamp.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Looking fantastic Sutty! Quick question, what did you use to fill in the holes on the previous yoke? I'm about to put some Woodcrafts on my 2010 and will be looking to fill them if I don't replace the clamp altogether.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Brother, I found two Torx Head Bolts that were big enough to cover the holes and I put Silicon on the to hold them in place. I then painted the whole Yoke. Not a fancY fix , but at least I did not have to stare at those God Awfull holes. Hope this helps. Tu Compadres, Sutty
Looking fantastic Sutty! Quick question, what did you use to fill in the holes on the previous yoke? I'm about to put some Woodcrafts on my 2010 and will be looking to fill them if I don't replace the clamp altogether.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If I convert to using clip-ons for my 2009, is there enough clearance between the
handlebar bosses left after removing the handle bars and the clip-ons?

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Great posts Sutty, looks excellent

When you say that you prepped it - just a light sand with fine grade wet and dry?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, then I primed and painted with Rattle Can "Textured Black" I know I could have had it powder coated , but this has worked quite well so far. Thanks, Sutty
Great posts Sutty, looks excellent

When you say that you prepped it - just a light sand with fine grade wet and dry?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts