Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

New yet old 955i - caveats

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Kiwi Tiger 
#1 ·
I found brand new '06 955i on a Harley dealers floor. He's had it for three years. It has 10mi on the odometer. The dealer said it has been outfitted with heated grips, panniers and a center stand-which I could see was on it. He said he is offering the bike at cost, $9650 US. The NADA listed this bike new as $10500 US.

1. I have read conflicting reports that the panniers, heated grips and center stand were standard for the 2006 US model, can anyone confirm or deny this?

2. Should I worry about any of the seals for it sitting so long? I don't think it has any fluids in it, but the 10miles on the odometer has me puzzled.

Thanks for any insight offered. I'd be thrilled to join the tiger club.

#4 ·
Yes, '06s came with panniers but heated grips and center stand were optional.
I don't know about the pricing, finding what amounts to a new leftover '06 seems like a real find but as soon as its ridden its probably something like a $7k used '06. If you are getting the factory warranty of course thats a nice plus.
I wouldn't be too worried about the seals but it will likely become apparent early on if they are a problem. Might also have a look at the tires and make sure they aren't hardened from aging.

#5 ·
Sounds good as long as no Harleys leaked oil on it from sittting there so long. I don't think $9500 is their real cost and after all this time you may be able to strike an even better deal- never hurts to bargain. My 05 heated grips were extra by about $200, sidestand $100, and it came with the lower bags. Mine had 11 miles on it after sitting on the floor for months and the shop made me a deal as the Tigers were not selling like the other models.

Most riders of other marques really don't know what to make of them. Takes a special rider...

#6 ·
Heated grips and centerstand not standard on 06 in US.

Bought my 06 as Triumph dealer left over in late 07. Paid less than $9650.00 for it.

If he has had it that long think he would want to deal on it. If you have to get a loan on it the bank will do as a used bike and will loan on basis of current blue book value.

What is current blue book on 06 around $7200 or so???

#8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I thoroughly enjoy my Bonneville, and would only buy a second bike if it were a great deal-this wasn't. They wouldn't come down anymore. They are stubborn and/or I don't know how to haggle. I'll just continue to add stuff to the Bonnie and wait till I have cash and a good deal before buying a second bike.

See you out there.

#10 ·
New-Old Tigers

The Triumph dealer in Kansas City has:

2007 Tiger demo with 100 miles and full warranty for $9,999

and

2007 Tiger with 4,000 miles, Tall Shield, Saddlebags, Heated Grips, Throttlemeister, 2 12V outlets, Center Stand, Staintune Pipe for $10,490

#11 ·
I saw those bikes in person. They were actually the first tigers I had ever thrown my leg over. They also sold me on getting a tiger as my next bike. My budget was half of that though :)

It had been raining all morning so I didn't get to test ride the demo.

They are both white, if it matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.