1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shout out to the Cafe Crowd in SoCal
22nd Annual New Year’s Run for the Roses
Put on by the SoCal Norton club.
You don't have to ride a Norton or even own one to reap the benefits of this ride
This is one I have done many many times and each time it just gets better.
December 31 2008 (Wednesday) – 22nd Annual New Year’s Run for the Roses: Ride leaves Burger Continental, 535 S. Lake, Pasadena
10 am – to Newcombs, Hidden Springs and good cheer in Old Pasadena to end the riding year on a festive note.
If you wanna eat or look at bikes be there early as they leave promptly at 10. Their motto "Shut up and Ride" :D
B there or B square;)

Jc

·
Registered
87 Posts
crap go to work Wednesday, maybe I can sneak out for a bit to look at the bikes. I drove to Newcombs yesterday the road is clearing a bit of ice here and there but a lot of the snow was melting of quickly.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes you have to come out to see us off.
Just to see how many old ones will kick over and bellow blue smoke.
Nothing like the smell of oil and gas in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up on the road conditions up there.
I hate the black Ice.
Hope you can make it

JC
crap go to work Wednesday, maybe I can sneak out for a bit to look at the bikes. I drove to Newcombs yesterday the road is clearing a bit of ice here and there but a lot of the snow was melting of quickly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wish I had time to get the Daytona back together, you don't know a decent machine shop in the pasadena area do you? friend recommended Valley Head Service, but I can't get out to the valley during the week and need to have new guides pressed in and my cylinder honed for my new rings

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the vendor link at socalnorton
or give Bib a call his number is listed on the site. He might know of a machine shop since he assembles engines.
or
Better yet show up early to the event by car or other bike and ask Bib and his motorheads yourself.
:D
JC
Wish I had time to get the Daytona back together, you don't know a decent machine shop in the pasadena area do you? friend recommended Valley Head Service, but I can't get out to the valley during the week and need to have new guides pressed in and my cylinder honed for my new rings

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice turn out, hope everyone is safe on the crest.

Hey JCMoTo what modifications do you need to make to get that fairing on a Thruxton? Don't know if you were around when I walked passed your bike so couldn't ask in person :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great ride
Sorry to have missed ya!
Here is the install gallery
The cowl in Cf or Fiberglass has been discontinued but these pictures will help.
The Kit is not difficult to make so long as you have sources that can fabricate the mounting brackets.
I think Tom Mackie in Sierra madre can make them for us.
Thinking of producing just the brackets and hardware as a kit.
Call or email me me if you have questions
626 794 6439
[email protected]

Happy new year
JC

Nice turn out, hope everyone is safe on the crest.

Hey JCMoTo what modifications do you need to make to get that fairing on a Thruxton? Don't know if you were around when I walked passed your bike so couldn't ask in person :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Norton Ride

That's happening again tomorrow guys. Ride leaves at 9am Burger Continental on Lake Ave Pasadena. Not sure where the destination is this year but check out their site. Last year's was great through the crest up to Newcombs Ranch and then the ill fated HiddenSprings Cafe. RIP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts