Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have come back to bikes after a few years (7) away. My previous bike was a Suzuki Bandit 1200 crotch rocket, but as the years have crept up on me I have elected for a more sedate style of riding and now (as of last May) have a 2014 Triumph America.

Took me a while to get used to the cruiser style of riding (particularly corners and the footboards - swan-necking the former and catching the latter when trying to put my feet down), but those issues were short-lived and I now love it.

I have to own up to being a bit of a fair weather rider, but oh what fun - especially when you scrape the boards on a corner with the missus on the back!!

Steve

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I started with cruisers and picked up on the fast stuff later. I like both styles of riding. I now own a Speed Triple and will be adding a Rocket soon. Best of both worlds!

Enjoy your Triumph!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sean. I love my bike and cannot wait for the better weather. I have ridden twice over the past weeks and the bike was a bit twitchy in the bends!! Must say, she was very good at letting me know what was happening.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts