Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a 96 trophy 900. Most of my riding is done two up and on the semi sporty side. We crashed the Connie a few months ago and I now have a V-Strom 650, but looking for something a little better to ride two up on. What are your thoughts on the 900. This bike has 17,000K on it and seems to be in great shape. Is there anything I need to look for?

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a 96 900 until my daughter had an unfortunate experience with a hairpin. It was a great bike, could pull 100mph uphill into the wind two-up and was comfortable all day ( by bike standards, not Lincoln Towncar). Mine had 86000 km on it when it went into the bush. I didn't pack a passenger a lot but my daughter and I did do a week long camping trip and carried all our gear on it without any real problems. She did complain over 600 km a day her butt got sore though. The only mechanical failure I had was the cooling fan and that was because I washed out the rad with a high pressure hose at a car wash.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, my '96 Trophy III has 60K + miles (40K pulling a sidecar) and it is a real trooper.......the bike is bullet proof in my opinion.....the only issues I have had are the coils which are easily replacable and if your bike is at 17K miles...it will be needing the "major check-up" soon (check the shims,change fluids, spark plugs, etc.)
I love my Trophy....you will love yours too......very simular to a Connie but I think it is better......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts