Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From VisorDown:

TRIUMPH HAS made some really good bikes in its modern incarnation. But it's perhaps fair to say it's only really made one 'wow' bike - the Rocket III. A 2.3 litre triple engine, arranged longitudinally along the wheelbase, the Rocket properly phreaked us out when it first appeared in 2004. Okay, it was pretty heavy, and 'only' made 145-odd bhp. But it had more torque than Thomas de Torqueville III, the Emperor of Torquelandia – and could hustle like a sportsbike designed by someone fried on bad acid. We've had some FABULOUS days out riding the old Rocket III over the years, and never get off one with anything less than a Bundesliga-spec grin on our fizzogs.

Read more at: https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/new-triumph-rocket-iii-way

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I love it ! 180 HP, 170 lb. ft., great styling. 2,500cc. It's already been
shown to dealers. There will be a full dress and a bagger version.
Imagine what a Police bike this would make ! They finally made the big triple look good ! Not easy !
I think I'll start a "Go Fund Me" site to get money to buy one,
either that, or, tell my wealthy brother it's what I want for Christmas......we'll see how that works!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
That really looks like the ticket.
I don't think I'd care to be sitting on the back when the throttle is twisted wide open.
I'd think you'd be turfed off in very short order!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I was wondering about the foot peg placement.
Doesn't look like they could move them back with the exhaust being styled like that.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
That really looks like the ticket.
I don't think I'd care to be sitting on the back when the throttle is twisted wide open.
I'd think you'd be turfed off in very short order!
I know what you mean, it would take one brave/wild/crazy wife/girlfriend to sit on
the back of that beast ! Anyway, it's pretty cool to have a Triumph as the KING OF
ALL MOTORCYCLES when it comes to displacement of a factory bike. Who would have
thought it ! Now, where is the deed to my home......

·
Registered
102 Posts
God Damn...... thats one MEAN looking Triumph.

Its gunna blow the new H.D 114CI Breakouts OFF THE ROAD....:laughhard

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Guys!!!!! :wink2::grin2::motorbike2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe stating the obvious but it reminds of the V-rod. Not slagging it or anything, I happen to like the v-rod and would throw a leg over it given the opportunity - but then there aren't many motorcycles I wouldn't throw a leg over. Looks like pure muscle bike. Curious what the wheelbase is on it.

·
2,934 Posts
A dresser version? I'm getting older. Might 'need' one for those long rides.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it, but $20,000 for a motorcycle is insane. I buy used Triumphs at alarmingly low prices. Enjoy them as much as a $25,000 motorcycle for 10% of the cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts