Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the things you like about it best so far? Any good or bad surprises? What kind of riding do you do with it?
The engine is so good, responsive throttle, very linear power band. Love the styling, light and nimble. The fit and finish is great, the TFT screen is awesome. Lol I love it. So far the only thing I’m having to pay attention is it is a bit hard to go into neutral from first, it slides into 2nd gear instead, maybe just need to break in some more. I do mostly country backroads with maybe 20% freeway, wind really isn’t bad to about 80 mph.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The engine is so good, responsive throttle, very linear power band. Love the styling, light and nimble. The fit and finish is great, the TFT screen is awesome. Lol I love it. So far the only thing I’m having to pay attention is it is a bit hard to go into neutral from first, it slides into 2nd gear instead, maybe just need to break in some more. I do mostly country backroads with maybe 20% freeway, wind really isn’t bad to about 80 mph.
Thanks...any future updates will be appreciated...of course with pictures.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Isn’t that a good thing? Most of the time I think I’d want to shift from first to second. The one time my old bike shifted from first into second I was just past an intersection and BAM I found myself in neutral with the engine screaming and cars quickly approaching me from the rear.

The only time I want to go into N from first is at a stop light maybe, in crazy traffic, or when parking. But I hear you, there should be a way to finesse easily into N. Maybe over time it’ll get easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Congrats! 🤙
If you don't mind, give us a little sense of your bike history ... I'm curious what you're comparing the Trident to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn’t that a good thing? Most of the time I think I’d want to shift from first to second. The one time my old bike shifted from first into second I was just past an intersection and BAM I found myself in neutral with the engine screaming and cars quickly approaching me from the rear.

The only time I want to go into N from first is at a stop light maybe, in crazy traffic, or when parking. But I hear you, there should be a way to finesse easily into N. Maybe over time it’ll get easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you want the bike to do both lol, go into whichever gear you intended. Not a big issue though, only happened a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
How

how tall are you brother if i may ask? I am 5’11” and wondering if the bike is too small.
I’m 5’11 and the bike fits perfect. Feet are firmly planted when stopped and I don’t feel squished when riding. Legs are at a natural bend on the pegs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts