Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 street twin and just got back from a 4 day jaunt in Michigan. Started in Chicago -> Gary -> went as far north as Leland MI, spend some time in Traverse City as well. Prior to the trip i replaced the stock street twin tires with some Avon Storms, what a difference tires make. Why does Triumph put a radial on the rear and a bias ply on the front? My street twin post wash.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Great looking bike. Avon’s made a huge difference to mine too. That’s all I’ll buy from now on.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Nice ride! Welcome to the site! I haven't ridden through the Upper Peninsula and down through the thumb in a long time. Sleeping Bear Dunes by Traverse City holds fond memories for me. Avon Storms are a great choice for our Bonnevilles; I'll be throwing on a set when these Metzler Rocks wear out.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Classy setup with the Webco covers, side panels and the brown Triumph bags. What did you use to shine the lids?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Lovely bike, liking the leather bags/panniers.
Another vote for the Avons as well, have the storm 3d xm on my TTR, great tyre for the money (although I have a 3d ultra sport on the front)

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site Kate. We do not get very many ladies here so it's nice to have ladies join & show their interest in bikes.
I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Please note if you are asking a question or looking for some insight – Please go to one of the sections related to your model bike. You will get very good response and input for riders more than willing to help. Many of the model specific section patrons do not look into the Welcome center regularly.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/
Wishing you Safe riding !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts